Proto C forged irons - a relabeled Golf Partner/Nexgen clubs

nobmontana

There is a newer brand that's making some headlines among Golf youtubers in Japan.   Brand is called "Proto Concept."     

The brand was recently featured in an article in one of the US golf community websites as well ...  

The company is a collaboration between Golf Partner and Endo which hinted that it's actually a revamp of Golf Partners's private brand "Nexgen."     In fact, the forged series that Nexgen had a few years ago is exactly the same model as all of the Proto C irons.  

Nexgen forged irons don't hold much value in the market, but knowing that it is made by Endo,  perhaps this is a very nice budget friendly choice for those who want Endo (Thailand) forged irons at a discount price!!  

5 hours ago, nobmontana said:

There is a newer brand that's making some headlines among Golf youtubers in Japan.   Brand is called "Proto Concept."     

The brand was recently featured in an article in one of the US golf community websites as well ...  

The company is a collaboration between Golf Partner and Endo which hinted that it's actually a revamp of Golf Partners's private brand "Nexgen."     In fact, the forged series that Nexgen had a few years ago is exactly the same model as all of the Proto C irons.  

Nexgen forged irons don't hold much value in the market, but knowing that it is made by Endo,  perhaps this is a very nice budget friendly choice for those who want Endo (Thailand) forged irons at a discount price!!  

Is the Endo steel produced in Japan or in Thailand Nobs. ? Always part of the process I was unsure about. 

Not sure...  regardless of where the raw steel comes from, I feel it is the manufacturing / forging  process that makes a difference in the quality of the heads. 

I've read many reviews saying these Nextgen / Proto Concept irons are as soft feeling as Epons.  

Edited by nobmontana

5 hours ago, nobmontana said:

Not sure...  regardless of where the raw steel comes from, I feel it is the manufacturing / forging  process that makes a difference in the quality of the heads. 

I've read many reviews saying these Nextgen / Proto Concept irons are as soft feeling as Epons.  

Fair enough, I thought the quality of the raw ingredient would be the predominant factor.