Finally Epon come to the bringing sexy back

Hutch

Lovely stuff Hutchy.

Maybe a P4 type of blade in the same finish ? Its simple thing like the ferrulles also.

Some might say a bit wanky but its optional, and is the 1% which makes all the difference IMO, as it means the attention to every detail has been thought of. Tip to toe….

Edited by hutchy

• Hutch changed the title to Finally Epon come to the bringing sexy back
  • 4 weeks later...

I guess that whether or not the price is too high is subjective in many cases and some of us could easily justify the price of Epon vs household brand’s products by looks, exclusivity and perception. But objectively - I think the prices can be justified too. Expensive materials, impressive quality control and as Hutchy is talking about - sick attention to detail. It’s not for everyone but for a few. 

Sure. Very close but perhaps not quite there? Then you have Modart, Seven, Benock all taking it even further. The last millimeters are really, really expensive. Definitely not worth it to many.

Not sure these wedges are expensive in relation to others when you account for quality of materials and branding. Having said that Epon haven’t been great in this department up to now!…..Bjorn is right. It’s subjective. I think if you had said you didn’t like them or get on with them that would have been a fairer comment. Assuming you have gamed them. ?

Look around, in general these are actually well priced, and I can tell you right now these are good wedges. As good as any I have which cost way more. Better than cheaper options I have gamed, which you have mentioned are not quite there. So all things considered and discussed…Happy for you to reevaluate your statement 😉

To me it's a golf club to feel good and play. Just because it's more expensive doesn't mean it's better...but if sm1 feels that in there brains then go for it. I have played the 302 and 303....also played prgr and fourteen and Yamaha. Yammies from 2013 were exceptional. Prgr nabla tour wedges are great. Endo is awesome..but I'm not buying the " we don't hold anything back crap " as though that matters. Hey, let's talk cables for a nice 2 channel system..you want to spend 1500 for cables or 40k...up to you. 

Sound too is subjective. Right? I used to lean towards the lovely warm sound from my Jadis JA-80’s, JD-1 and Sonus Faber Guarneri speakers. I used to run it all with Purist Audio.

I changed and today I favor a slightly more analytical approach, but not without some warmth. PS Audio DAC, GoldNote amplifier, Focal Utopia speakers and a mix of Nordost and Purist cables. I can’t quite justify the price of Ansuz cables, but I have borrowed some and they are phenomenal.

Things are worth different things to different folks.

44 minutes ago, bngolfer said:

Sound too is subjective. Right? I used to lean towards the lovely warm sound from my Jadis JA-80’s, JD-1 and Sonus Faber Guarneri speakers. I used to run it all with Purist Audio.

I changed and today I favor a slightly more analytical approach, but not without some warmth. PS Audio DAC, GoldNote amplifier, Focal Utopia speakers and a mix of Nordost and Purist cables. I can’t quite justify the price of Ansuz cables, but I have borrowed some and they are phenomenal.

Things are worth different things to different folks.

Focal Utopia's! Which ones?

I have a tiny house and thus small speakers. The Micro BE.

I have some KEF speakers with some nasty little spikes on the bottom. They sound nice to me. But so does my Bose soundbar. I use them for different things but they may not be everyone’s cup of tea. Was I sucked in to the branding? Probably…but I like them a lot. 

On a side note! Wedges are now better than the last comment. Getting better. Nice patina is definitely bringing them to life. I can make the ball dance with these things, not unlike good speakers….. left to right spin on a right to left green….Amazing. 

Over the years I have learned that feel is important. Sound is also in its own realm of importance. But the biggest and most important component of using a wedge to its full potential and versatility, is trust in what it can do for you when you ask it….Confidence!

Edited by hutchy