What's the most forgiving one piece forged irons?

nobmontana

I've owned and played a few forgiving one piece forged irons in the past. 

While I am not particularly long with my irons and I can play blades all day long, but I actually prefer to play irons with a lot of forgiveness without sacrificing feel and sound.     I'm okay with sub standard (weird) looks.   They just need to be really easy to hit. 

To name a few that I have tried previously: 

- Mystery WNC710

- Fourteen TC-340

- 2012 Tourstage X Blade GR Forged  (current gamers) 

What others are out there?   Maybe the original Egg Forged? 

well nobs , if u dont mind a blast from the past....

i mean the reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal past.

as far as ive  ever hit  or ever will  hit 

prgr  data 801.   full soft forged by endo japan   no less.

if u want a slightly  more conventional , slightly  more modern set the yamaha 2010  inpres x are a wonderfull set, those are the ones i came back from injury with  this season, with the NSv90 reg  i was  going to sell them , or change he shafts but they just worked so well i cant think  now why i  wud, they will also be a set hard  to beat  come mid winter  with that shaft combo. 

the data  801s are with the prgr made for by  NS. cant fault those.

the head may look like a bucket from a  30ton  front end loader on a mining site in the kimberleys , but they hit the ball just fine!  

thanks!!   I had tried the Data 601 before and really liked how it felt.  Believe they were Miura forged.   I'll need to look for some 801s now... 

how about the old Super Tourney M205R or M305R from Macgregor?   another classic that look forgiving. 

I've bought dozens of expensive iron sets in the past decade and have to say the Miura PI-401 irons that are currently in play are as good as anything I've tried....  But is a 2-piece construction so doesn't qualify under the thread's question.

Edited by dickyfowler

• 2 weeks later...

fourteen TC-777 are just too forgiving for a one piece forged iron and so long i had to bend em a couple degrees weak, Yamaha inpres x cavity back maybe the 2013 model are forged one piece and they are deceivingly huge though big face on them, also crazy forgiving.  How about Wishon 565 i think they are called, think they are one piece forged and they are super easy to hit, have enormous face on them and long blade length but they hide it somehow.  

On 11/27/2021 at 6:14 AM, bngolfer said:

What about the Seven MCB? 

This is quite forgiving. Only thing I could pick I would have done different on this would be kill the leading edge, sole is very wide hence a bit bouncy in dry firmer conditions. Which over all is better for your beginner to average golfer looking for a quality one piece.

On 12/9/2021 at 11:39 AM, Eddie Cupples said:

fourteen TC-777 are just too forgiving for a one piece forged iron and so long i had to bend em a couple degrees weak, Yamaha inpres x cavity back maybe the 2013 model are forged one piece and they are deceivingly huge though big face on them, also crazy forgiving.  How about Wishon 565 i think they are called, think they are one piece forged and they are super easy to hit, have enormous face on them and long blade length but they hide it somehow.  

Wishon 565MC's are my current gamers... I don't have the right shafts in them (trying to find some), but they are still one of the most forgiving irons I've ever played (forged or not). A quick Google for reviews will show you how much love people have for these...

Some of the Yonex Nano V irons?

On 12/10/2021 at 8:36 AM, Ian-500 said:

Some of the Yonex Nano V irons?

Oh yea.. forgot about those.   The NanoV Nextage Forged were my entrance into JDM clubs.    Had ridiculously heavy DG TI S400 shafts in them but they were marshmallow soft when hitting the sweet spot.   I might give those a go again!!   

2 hours ago, nobmontana said:

Oh yea.. forgot about those.   The NanoV Nextage Forged were my entrance into JDM clubs.    Had ridiculously heavy DG TI S400 shafts in them but they were marshmallow soft when hitting the sweet spot.   I might give those a go again!!   

I been doing a little research but found it confusing wihich model was which. Seems to be about 4 different NanoV and nextage models.

• 2 weeks later...

my irons are SO FORGIVING.... they apologize after every shot

6 hours ago, Geoff said:

Happy new year guys.

Nobs, I have the TW747vx with Modus3 stiff shaft.

They are easy to hit, really soft at impact and the feedback is precise.

you should give them a try.

Tempted to try Honma irons.

3 hours ago, d**kyfowler said:

my irons are SO FORGIVING.... they apologize after every shot

They're the best irons EVER.

9 hours ago, Ian-500 said:

Tempted to try Honma irons.

you should Ian, you can get a biased view of Honma products due to brand placement.

my next try will be Bridgestone Tour B (JGR) in term of forgiveness and easy to play but it’s difficult to find a set model with the 5 irons.

Edited by Geoff

• 1 month later...

Thanks to all for your input.    So after going back and procuring a couple of the PRGR forged legends ... ID BL and TR500 I am starting to feel like these forged irons are not forgiving enough for me.  I will still play them from time to time just to enjoy the looks and feel of them.... but I don't think they will help me with my scoring needs. 

I re-assessed my bag set up and taking another leap into an even more forgiving set up.    I just got fitted and ordered some Mizuno Pro 225 irons last weekend.  

Looks very decent at address and feel is very decent and commendable for a non Carbon Steel head.  It is very forgiving and long(er) due to its strong loft.     

My set up will be:  

• DR Ping G425 Max 10* 
  • 3W Epic Max 15*  
  • 3U Mavrik Pro 20* 
  • 4U Mavirk Pro 23*
  • 5U Apex Pro 26*
  • IR Mizuno Pro 225 7-PW 30* to 44*
  • WG Cleveland RTX4 Forged 50* & 56* 

This is the highest count of woods I've ever had in the bag... and only 4 irons!!  Sounds crazy right?!   🙂  

Due to the global shortage of shafts and grips, it may be a while until I get my irons but I am really looking forward to trying this set up to see if forgiveness can actually lower my score further.   ( my current score average is about 75 to 79 on a typical round ) 

we need to get all food and water workers and redirect them to sorting out any golf equipment delays and shortfalls -- PRIORITIES people !!

22 hours ago, dickyfowler said:

we need to get all food and water workers and redirect them to sorting out any golf equipment delays and shortfalls -- PRIORITIES people !!

LOL!!   I heard Mizuno USA's  website/ordering system got hacked about a week ago with some ransomware 😞   Since my iron order had not been placed yet I decided to have them tack on a 49 deg gap wedge to the order!!     Standard lead time is supposed to be 6-8 weeks but I fear that it might actually be significantly longer than that.  Sigh....