Hello 2022!! Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year All! 

Last year I diligently kept track of all my round stats.  So now I can set goals for improving them in the coming season! 

My golf stats goal for 2022!!

• 2 putts or better:  92% -> >95%
  • GIR:                        56% -> >60%
  • Driving Accuracy:  68% -> >70% 
  • Score Average:       77.5 -> <75

From a play perspective, I need to spend more time practicing around the green shots.  

Green side bunker shots need to get a lot closer to within 1 putt zones.

As for equipment,  I need to try and stick to a single set for my actual rounds.  Obviously I'll still play around with other sets occasionally for fun.  

What are all your golf goals this year?    🙂

2 goals - play more golf, and to try and stop tinkering with gear. I need to find a set that I like and just play.

2 hours ago, bngolfer said:

Sounds boring Ian

I thought that as I was typing it!

2 hours ago, bngolfer said:

Sounds boring Ian

We need to meet up for a game in 2022. Maybe that's a goal too, to play with as many new players as possible, through Europe and the WOOOORRLLLD!

4 hours ago, bngolfer said:

Sunningdale?

Er.....if I was loaded!

🙂

Have a mate who plays there a bit. Let’s see what we can do this summer. Would love to go.

goals?
driving- 

cut ball accuracy... its been pretty  as a rule  but  i lost that shot  over the  last 6-8  weeks of the season trying to  Jack Hammer time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! everyhting, every shot .  draw is good, cut needs work.

fairway woods-

they  have been the best they ahve ever been last  ( coincidentally)  6-8 weeks of the season,i  found some new thought at address that  literally  get  me into the ball   unlike ive ever hit it before, its weird bec it doesnt translate to driver, its specific to fairway  woods off the deck  only, doesnt work from the tee.

irons-

found some good striking back half of the year, but not anywhere near consistant as it shud be.  similar thoughts  to the woods but not a replica, not a liek for like.

that has EASILY been my achilies heel for the last 2 years.

my GIR is appaling.  its roughly average   50%   from  6500 yards, thats no where near  acceptable on these courses when im hitting to inside 7 iron on most  holes... no idea waht happened there but it needs attention, constant attention!

wedges-

im cool where im at with those they are saving my bacon more foten than not.

putting-

is there anyone , ever, who cant look for a bit more help here?

i think i need  to get a better site line, i think my alignment  is awful, distace control looks pretty good mopst stroked but my alignemnt  is crooked.

beers at the 19th.... solid!

20211211_144756.jpg

Edited by supo

17 hours ago, bngolfer said:

Have a mate who plays there a bit. Let’s see what we can do this summer. Would love to go.

Me too

Ok, so for my golf related goals:

Swing - I need to stop finishing my backswing with arms and wrists. I have completely lost my hip and shoulder turn. Needs work. Even in the gym I fear..

Irons - have always been my strenght. Not last season though. Aweful. I loved the look and feel of the Seven CB’s but the Crazy shafts were whippy and I could not get any confidence. Drew everything more than I wanted and hit them higher than anything before. Good height though according to the teacher I went to (teaches Thomas Björn, Alex Norén and a few other good golfers and then some hacks like me). Have to get used to that. Now this year I have two sets of Epon P3. Have not chosen shafts for any of them but I’m thinking Monaco for one and Modus 115 for the other. Hopefully I will get my confidence back but then equipment is only one part of it.

Driver - need to add distance. Direction is there. Will come if I manage to get more hip and shoulder turn.

Wedges - what I’m best with at the moment but would still like to improve distance control.

Chipping - after having had 4-5 seasons with tops, chunks, double hits (thank god it does not cost penalty shots anymore) and long left, I got some advice last season. My right hand remains open, flat, only as support to the left. I chip so much better now. About like a 25 capper. I’d like to come closer to my actual 3 in chipping too.

Putting - last season was ugly. Set-up is off. Open with feet and hips, closed with shoulders. Miss 80 % to the right and the other 20 % are pulls. So, I’m with you Stew. Everybody needs help and it all starts with the set-up.

Bunker play - has been off for a couple of years. Used to be great out of them but only average now. Need to practice. That too.

id rethink those  115s for the  epons if ur not into high shots.

mons = perfection ,   super peening blue like wise in epons

shimada tours wud be a MUCH better shaft for  those  heads that the 115s

On 1/7/2022 at 1:13 AM, supo said:

id rethink those  115s for the  epons if ur not into high shots.

mons = perfection ,   super peening blue like wise in epons

shimada tours wud be a MUCH better shaft for  those  heads that the 115s

Thanks Stew

Happy New Year, y'all!

Like Ian, my goal is to play more golf. During the quarantine, my free time and resources have been redistributed between house projects, paying for kids college education, and other hobbies. I got back into mountain biking and skiing over the past two years and was reminded that (1) both of those activities are just as gear intensive as golf, thus more $. And (2) my body doesnt recover as quickly as it used to especially after an injury. I cant send it like I used to back in my college age days.