Using a putter that doesn't fit your stroke?

Elven

According to a SAM putt lab fitting, I have a straight back, straight through stroke (minimal arc). Face balanced putters apparently work best for this type of stroke.

My current putter is face balanced, but I've found some others I'd like to try that aren't. 

Does anyone here use a putter that isn't ideal for their stroke? If so, do you putt any better/worse? How does it feel in your hands?

Thanks

I hardly ever one putt, so my putter must be wrong for me 🤣🤣🤣😜

If you are talented enough,  I guess you could adjust your stroke to match the putter? 🙂

Most of my putters I own now have a toe hang of 42 to 45 deg which is similar to the spec I was fit for at Benock Tokyo.  

These blades are beautiful to look at and work reasonably well... but because of their compact size, they are not the most forgiving. 

If I played more regularly, I think these putters would be fine,  but when you only get out once a week,  different story. 

While I do not own them any longer, I do think that I putted better when I used the Evnroll ER-2 (mid mallet) and Scotty Phantom X 5.5 (neo-mallet) the last couple of seasons.    

Besides the stability, the larger heads seemed to provide larger sweet spots which is probably what most amateurs (like me) benefit from more so than a just putter design that matches your stroke tendency. 

This year, I am eyeing on the new Odyssey TriHot 5K to see if they actually bring mallet like stability and forgiveness in a blade putter.  

Oh and I recently picked up an old Yonex Ezone EZM-001 which is a heel shafted "L" shaped mallet ( Scotty Del Mar type ) which should be completely unfit for my stroke,  but I still like to take it out for a spin from time to time.