Looking at new irons, I'd appreciate your input

Elven

I picked up a set of Seven CNC CB's recently. Overall, these are incredible in terms of looks. Haven't hit them yet so I can't comment on performance. From address, the 6-PW look great, but on the 4 and 5 the back of the head sticks out past the topline. More of the back sticks out on the 4 than the 5. I never would've thought irons like these would look like this. Disappointing honestly. Personally, I don't like to see this on an iron, and I like my irons to all look the same from address. I'm sure this was done for a specific reason, but I'm still surprised they were made this way.

I'll have to test these for a bit to see if I get used to the look, but if I don't, I'll be listing them here.

This makes me wonder about other irons I'm looking at. For those who own, owned, or tested the irons below in 4-PW, does the back or sole stick out past the topline from address on any of the clubs? Any shaft recommendations?

Seven CB Forged
Yamaha V Forged 2010
Yamaha V Forged Tourmodel 2010
Yamaha V Forged Tourmodel 2012
Kyoei Dual Weighted
Kyoei KK CB
Kyoei KK Heritage CB
Kyoei Prototype CB
Kyoei Prototype MB
Epon AF 302
Epon AF Tour MB (original model)
Epon AF Tour CB
Yonex N1 CB
OnOff Kuro 2015 
Mizuno Pro 319
PRGR iD BL

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Wow - many beautiful sets to choose from.  Never hit the Seven CB - but would love to!!

IMHO, Go for the OnOff Kuro 2015.  As a matter of fact, there's a set (almost new) for sale on TS BST. Probably half the price of the irons you have to choose from...

I've had mine since 2018 and nothing has been able to knock them out of my bag.  Long, forgiving and they look beautiful

Good luck!

TK

Edited by Tommyk3

6 hours ago, Tommyk3 said:

Wow - many beautiful sets to choose from.  Never hit the Seven CB - but would love to!!

IMHO, Go for the OnOff Kuro 2015.  As a matter of fact, there's a set (almost new) for sale on TS BST. Probably half the price of the irons you have to choose from...

I've had mine since 2018 and nothing has been able to knock them out of my bag.  Long, forgiving and they look beautiful

Good luck!

TK

Thanks TK.

Here they are... 

• 2 weeks later...

I currently have the ID BL and also have the TR500 and don't notice and back sticking out.  

I had the Seven SCs all last season and did not notice the back side sticking out at address either.  

I am really surprised to hear about the Seven CB CNC having this issue.    

• 2 weeks later...