Zodia SV-C101 thoughts?

bngolfer

Hey folks. I've always loved the sharp iron designs from Zodia. Some reviews say that the CM2 and CM2+ were a bit too firm. Their woods feel and look great though. Same thing goes for the Yamaha ezone MB designed by Chiba. Fantastic feel.

Now, has anyone hit the SV-C101? They look amazing.

Edited by bngolfer

• 1 month later...

I have and they are not as soft as I expected. However, the firm feeling from  a pure strike is exceptional. I can’t think of another Japanese brand to compare it to. They are forgiving, yet only as much as is needed for a players cavity. I would say they are the strongest Japanese forged CBs I have tested and there is certainly a market for them.

When I say that they are not soft that is, of course, measured against a Miura standard or a number of boutiques that produce the buttery feeling off a pure strike. There is an element of that with these irons for sure. What stuck me was the feeling of power that I recieved off a centred strike. They also pack a bit more distance than I expected but I didn’t collate enough data to give any more detail in relation to that. I just remember that they came out top for distance in that particular round of testing. 

I certainly recieved glowing feedback from customers, so I would suggest. Try with the budget to buy if you can. 

Edited by bwsqc
More advise

Thanks!