Hybrids

bngolfer

I have played a couple of hybrids. Have a Royal Collection 505v with a Kyoshi Purple 100 in it. I’m struggling with it and often play a driving iron or a 2 iron instead.

Now, with lack of speed I’m thinking that I should go back to hybrids. I tend to still like deeper faces and heavier shafts. Can’t stand to look down on heads with graphics on the crown and really don’t like adjustable hosels. Also prefer open faces. 

What should I be looking at?

That looks pretty good. Prefer a smooth crown though, but this is much better that ugly graphics. The di I use these days is a Fourteen Type 7. Really good when I feel strong.

well..., if u like woods   more  than irons  for utes this thing is one  of a kind .

off a tee its without peer.

shaft it properly  maximise its potential.

on short links i dont  leave home withou one, 

Here's the 16 and 21: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403556312729?hash=item5df5d4a699:g:9KYAAOSwmpxiOHtr

I had these a few years back with the matching 26. Probably should have kept them. I seem to remember them feeling/sounding a little hollow.

Does it have to be JDM? I game a tour issue Callawy Apex 19 #3 hybrid. Feels really hot off the face. Looking for a matching #1....... 

just bought the latest XXIO hybrids and they are very good

16 hours ago, Ian-500 said:

Here's the 16 and 21: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403556312729?hash=item5df5d4a699:g:9KYAAOSwmpxiOHtr

I had these a few years back with the matching 26. Probably should have kept them. I seem to remember them feeling/sounding a little hollow.

Does it have to be JDM? I game a tour issue Callawy Apex 19 #3 hybrid. Feels really hot off the face. Looking for a matching #1....... 

Thanks Ian! They do look good. 

Ideally JDM but open to others. Most non-JDM have graphics of some sort. I do like the new Cobra one though. 

14 hours ago, d**kyfowler said:

just bought the latest XXIO hybrids and they are very good

Thanks d**ky,

The two different versions that I find in the shop are not really my cup of tea. I'm sure these can be really good if you struggle to elevate the ball. I'm looking more for a replacement of a driving iron, 2-iron for a bit of ease. The crowns are quite busy, rather shallow faces and very light weight. I tend to like heavier shafts/overall weight, deeper faces and very clean crowns. 

I've used the Romaro type R 18 deg for a while and they were really hot off the face thanks to a Ti  face.     

they are a bit mid size though....   Lately all my woods have been USDM including hybrids.    and despite the busier looks,  

most of the better players hybrids are very playable and easy to control.  

I don't have a 2 iron replacement but my current hybrids are 23 deg MAVRIK Pro / Diamond Speeder HB   and  26 deg Apex Pro / LinQ Hybrid   

Thanks Nobs,

I will try to demo a few as the snow is slowly letting go of us here. The Cobra King Tec will surely be on the list. Mavrik Pro too.

This year's Rogue ST Pro has a head shape identical to the MAVRIK Pro.   Probably my favorite head shape of all hybrids.    

Apex Pro's shape is not my favorite but its the only compact hybrid that comes in a 5H @ 26 deg loft.    

Ok. I’m thinking meatier could be good. I still love long irons but looking for a 20-21 to replace a 2-iron really.

On 3/25/2022 at 5:14 AM, nobmontana said:

This year's Rogue ST Pro has a head shape identical to the MAVRIK Pro.   Probably my favorite head shape of all hybrids.    

Apex Pro's shape is not my favorite but its the only compact hybrid that comes in a 5H @ 26 deg loft.    

Opposite for me. Love the Apex head shape and sound. The Mavrik was a let done in everyway. I agree on the 26 loft. Going to get one soon.

I just find the shape of the Apex series of hybrids harder to align to the target,  my 5H is staying in the bag though!!  Distance wise it only goes the same as my 5 iron but the height I get with the trajectory is night and day.  

I know people thinks they are ugly but I cannot get rid of my Ryoma ute, playing 18, 21 and 24 since years

10 hours ago, hutchy said:

Sounds like these high faced no graphic JDM nuggets tick every box..... 😉

ak2.jpg

ak3.jpg

ak1.jpg

They do Hutch. Thinking about them.

Someone jumped in and picked these up. Good lock on the search bro.

Selling my 2 SP 301 with Crazy Black Iron shafts if they interest you. 

Thanks mate,

I love the SP 301 but now looking for hybrids. Yours were probably spot on for me but economics not working in my favor just now.