Fourteen Limited 2022 Gamers.

Hutch

Lovely. Model is? Or are they just called Limited 2022?

Edited by Ian-500

42* P though? But why!

They do look very good. Tested in the nets. Very easy to hit…feel is good. Numbers were great for a 7 iron haha. Will be a push coming from 13 Yamaha with traditional lofts, dare I say 4 wedges 5 wood or 17 UT driver if I keep the whole set in play. 

42*!! Wowzers. Really do look good though. I'd game them.

Yes I don’t mind gaming these at all. Something different. Had the wedge in hand. Grind, look, offset is very much the same as the T55 wedge which I have 50. 54. 58. So the 46 RM will fit in nicely. 

Seems like Fourteen has been releasing a few blades this past year or so.   TB5, TB7   and now the RM ...   I like this RM the best out of the three.  

RM name comes from their wedge line up which stands for  "Reverse Muscle"  where the blade portion of the head gradually gets thicker towards the top line which suggesting a higher CG to make it easier to produce more back spin.    It will be interesting to see the trajectory of this high CG head design combined with strong lofts. 

Shidaru TV did a nice review of these irons recently and they were pretty impressed with them. 

Pretty cool that. I gamed the Honma PP-717 blades with the same idea back in college during the 90’s. They were a tad smaller though. I wouldn’t have hit the ball with them these days..

The top line is really well done. I'm guessing the tapered mass at the top gives/creates some perimeter weighting. Definitely felt good in the net.

I will update on these ones once shafted. Just picked up a set of Crazy CBI Limited that are incoming.

220942b

On 4/25/2022 at 6:54 PM, hutchy said:

The top line is really well done. I'm guessing the tapered mass at the top gives/creates some perimeter weighting. Definitely felt good in the net.

I will update on these ones once shafted. Just picked up a set of Crazy CBI Limited that are incoming.

Yes ... they were saying even though it is a blade/MB design, the weight distribution seemed to be more CB like (i.e. perimeter weighting)  

Nice pick up on those CBI-80 Ltd shafts.   Still think they are the best feeling graphite iron shafts to this day.   

Though my back is hurting just looking at the "X Flex" letters.    I have them in the Red Regular flex and are plenty stiff for me.   🙂

That’s good to know. It’s what I though so thanks for the confirmation. It’s always a step going for a set of blades. Just glad I had plenty time in the nets. Had a tour AD Iron X. 

Not sure what’s happening with my swing but I’ve gone to SX and looking at X in a lot of my graphite lately picking up distance/accuracy…maybe better timing, It will be interesting. I know you always raved about your set albeit a Reg set. 

About 110 is the right weight for me in iron shafts. These Limited CBI are apparently 110g…Wedge I like a touch heavier.

Just ordered a 120 STP tour wedge for the RM 46 wedge. Bit of a gamble. Hopefully it fits the set well. 

Edited by hutchy

In play today up against the 22 Corsa with modus 115. Only used the 5 Iron in the Corsa  so not a full test of those.

1st thoughts on the Fourteen with Crazy CBI in X 110g range are positive. Playability wise the shafts sit IMO in between Shimada tour lite and the Shimada tour. Feel is better. Timing will take a few rounds adjustments. But a great matchup all the same. 14 heads are very easy to use..looks at address are minimum offset with nice top line. Sort of narrow in the neck of the face, look a touch longer heel to toe a bit like the Epon SUS. Feel on these is great. They are a really well balanced head, the lofts have only added around 5m extra on each club comparing with a CB…... Corsa will be getting listed in the BST. 14/Crazy just gets the nod for 22 set. 

8A4CBA0F-9F32-4837-A042-AEDEC4641E00.jpeg

Edited by hutchy

Bet the 14/Crazy combo is ace. You need some more 'bling' on those ferrules tough. Tut tut.