New equipment news

dickyfowler

I always keeps tabs on the new equipment shown on this website because I'm always looking for more weapons to buy - which is why I now have a room full of great equipment that I no longer use.

But I'm tempted to just not bother reading any more because the translations here are just ridiculous and do more to confuse a customer than explain what the new gear might do - and I realize this is only an issue if you don't read Japanese.

We've discussed this before, but it is just lazy and shows little care for the customers by having "Google translations" explain what is new.

Just take some time to read through them under New Items and you will see how ridiculous some of the English translations are.  If this was my business I'd be doing a LOT more to help and interest the loyal customers and potential new ones....but maybe the owners don't need the money?

Edited by dickyfowler

Needs a few things mate. Has Chris sold it? I thought he ran a tight ship?

I would imagine he has his fingers in a few pies and this one is bottom of the list. It happens when success comes. You forget where that success came from. 

Maybe Chris could give someone an opportunity to run this, the blog, etc. on some sort of coms. Someone who has the time to review most things. Then sell as a demo in the BST after taking orders through the forum. Like Tario used to.? 

Big job to correct a big ship that’s gone of course. Takes time and effort. Will it ever happen. I doubt it. Not even a family business?

Whats the future for TSG? It’s becoming the very thing Chris hated and criticised about other big brands. !

Sole-less robots who actually don’t give a f**k….Would that be a fair assessment/comment/statement lads.? Chris? 

Edited by hutchy

The people who contribute to this website clearly enjoy the Japanese equipment - and why not, because it is really good in general. But as I've bleated about many times, it's tough being a distant admirer because so often you have to take a leap of faith and pay big dollars for drivers/irons/wedges/putters etc that look fantastic....but don't always live up to your expectations. That has been my experience - but it didn't deter me..... and my friends certainly benefitted from my madness.  Much of the guesswork could have been avoided if this website -- or any for that matter -- took the time to fully explain the new items and, even better, provide a video review. I'm unaware of any other English websites that specialize in Japanese golf equipment, so I'm stuck with this one. But I have to admit that in recent times I've moved back to the "Western" golf stuff because I know what I'm getting (or testing). I particularly like the PXG offerings. Despite all of my complaining I'll probably keep an eye on this website because I'm addicted to buying great golf stuff. 

I get you….Not sure hearing reviews and descriptions from someone with a vested interest will help you. But as you say it’s better than nothing if you can read between the lines. Incentivise is the only way you will get anyone to invest the time. 

I agree with you both. I don't buy new gear but I would enjoy and see the benefit in video reviews. It'd be the closest we'd get to seeing the gear in hand. Surely there's enough new gear to need a full-time employee to carry-out all these reviews. 

This has been ongoing for years!

All started when Tario left. Chris chipped in for a while but the self interest was more noticeable with Chris as he is all business! That’s not a criticism just a fact. He did try….Then a few of the elites (old members) didn’t like new members or a fluid evolving forum so a break away underground wank wank sub TSG forum was formed by Chris to keep the few elites happy to fondle with each other’s pee pee’s and blow smoke up each other’s proverbial’s without distraction from us bottom feeders. 

Chris continued reviewing but being criticised along the way for only reviewing his own gear, which-lets face it, it’s all his on this forum anyway, or was supposed to be as he actually owns the joint 🤔

Inevitably some pissed him off and got the flick. Those disbarred members then went on to form another forum for pretty much the gear they supplied, which some of it funny enough supplied to them by Chris 🙄 f**king funny. 

Eventually every time  Chris popped his head up with a review of his own gear he was shot down immediately. We are now saying something is better than nothing…Crazy! Who the f**k would put there hands up to run this s**t given the history. I would say definitely not Chris. I’m actually surprised he hasn’t closed the whole thing down. I’m not saying poor Chris or he is blameless, but at the end of it all this is his gig, how he decides to move forward in regards to this forum is probably not even on his give a f**k radar….

I think the only chance is, if someone came up with a business plan and took it to Chris he might look at it then make a decision based on the benefits VS the drama/extra work. It would have to be pretty much seamless to even get a sniff. So unfortunately lads I think we are pissing in the wind. It is what it is unless we have a sleeping genius/entrepreneur amongst us. Does Elon like golf? 

Edited by hutchy

we might be dead and buried by the time this happens, but can see a day when people get to test/see new gear through VR technology. Might need an Elon+ to develop such a thing. The way the world is going, golf might only be played through that medium eventually....and thankfully we will not be around to suffer that fate.  As for this issue we've been discussing - I used to live in Hong Kong and thus it was not an issue. I was able to see and test the gear first and enjoyed that a lot. But since moving away from Asia - the buying experience has been very hit and miss. I'll just have to rob more banks.....

On 4/29/2022 at 10:35 PM, hutchy said:

Needs a few things mate. Has Chris sold it? I thought he ran a tight ship?

I would imagine he has his fingers in a few pies and this one is bottom of the list. It happens when success comes. You forget where that success came from. 

English descriptions were always shoddy and made little sense on this website, as far as I can remember. From reading his blogs you'd think the guy knew a lot of people in the industry and therefore had better info than auto translated copy n' paste from websites. 

Just now, autronicdsm said:

I'm sure he would put more effort into write ups and reviews if he was selling a lot of gear and maybe he's not? I have no idea. Over the years reading diff forums I've noticed that most people buy second hand or tourspecgolf.

lol... I see it auto corrects diff sites to tourspecgolf 

On 5/1/2022 at 12:54 PM, autronicdsm said:

lol... I see it auto corrects diff sites to tourspecgolf 

It was like any economy. New buyers passed on to used buyers. The good thing was you knew if you purchased new from TSG you always had a buyer at around 25% less if sold quick enough. I was always a bit of both and still am. Only difference is my forum for selling has changed along with my options for buying. Non the less. This forums reviews and nice pics did make me get hot on certain items. They did there job. Tario did well out of the forum I would say given the good margins TSG have on most gear. 

I would say the shop/site sells plenty globally. It’s got quite a large audience with limited JDM retailers to compete 🌏 

This forum is/was a microcosm in the TSG global sales portfolio wholesale and retail.! Having said that as already mentioned, there is a market for a self sustaining manager who likes using all the gear and writing reviews. 🤔

A Mark Crossfield type for JDM.?

Edited by hutchy

• 2 weeks later...

omfg... browsing for some irons shafts I see they're still posting garbage translations. https://www.tourspecgolf.com/fire-express-ms-i-iron-shaft-set.html

Chip parallel is 45mm??? No thanks, I prefer my golf shafts chip free LOL

If I didn't buy from TSG before, I would just assume this is one of those sites that just scams people selling counterfeit goods or something.

I wonder if it translates the same to how may other languages TSG sells to ? I guess you cant please everybody everywhere all the time. Especially if the the original version of the website is Japanese based? Or written by someone who is Japanese, then translated to all the other languages in the world. Is this a Japanese based website for Japanese based gear? That is an outrage...lol

Edited by hutchy

5 hours ago, autronicdsm said:

What do you mean? They’re based out of Nevada and the store is in english language.

Nothing mate....Sounds like you have it all worked out. 

17 hours ago, hutchy said:

Nothing mate....Sounds like you have it all worked out. 

😂

I’ve been around here, on and off a few years…… I’ll say one thing for TSG, they always supplied and shipped without any problems

to me. Sure you paid top dollar but I never minded because they were reliable and problems were always dealt with and communication was

always prompt. I miss Tario too……

…….. I just wish Chris would mend the fence and supply Epon  again.

8 hours ago, corky3 said:

I’ve been around here, on and off a few years…… I’ll say one thing for TSG, they always supplied and shipped without any problems

to me. Sure you paid top dollar but I never minded because they were reliable and problems were always dealt with and communication was

always prompt. I miss Tario too……

…….. I just wish Chris would mend the fence and supply Epon  again.

Purchase Epon. (Endo) ! Put Tario in as GM

Its swapped hands a few times over the last few years. Great brand. Poor direction. 

TSG is similar. Great Brand. Average direction. If I had to write a report it would start with. Has potential, not lacking in ability. Easily distracted.!

Edited by hutchy

I think some of the reviews are suspect, such as the Kyoei Dual weight which stated that the offset was less than the Miura TC201 which to everyones eye is not and while these specs are based on face progression I find the statements incorrect. Almost no offset isn't a terminology but specs should be specs.

Good input. Actually a good question if framed that way. But I think you are making more of a statement.…Have you had both in hand.? This means you are calling whoever made the original statement a liar? I’m fine with that if it’s a statement based on true fact. Just the same as the original review, I'm fine with that if the author has had both in hand. Trying to describe offset is difficult. Would minimal offset have been a better term? 

This is the problem I mentioned. There are actually full reviews on kyoei in the shop, blog and Insta. Chris is good at what he wants to promote on his various outlets as mentioned….. But, bingo…. No reviews you have critics, lots of reviews, critics just the same.... You can’t keep everyone happy all of the time. Hence this forum, to discuss and debate. Those discussions and debates should be based on questions and answers! Not statements without substance, not as you say to the eye of a picture as everyone can see. That is a bit like your offset point. Wishy washy at best….Has anyone here gamed or had both of these Irons in hand? I have no comment on them as I have owned neither. I could discuss aesthetics and materials based on the pictures and reviews. I wouldn’t mind trying kyoei at some point. They definitely look well made.

KYOEI Dual Weight II Iron - Kyoei Golf

Edited by hutchy

Based on the review on the blog I bought a set of the original dual weights and I also have the TC201 and when you look at both there is no way the DW has less offset. My fitter and club builder also agrees. I bought the set because I don't like the look of offset since my miss is a hook and was deeply disappointed to say the least.

10 hours ago, Ginrin said:

Based on the review on the blog I bought a set of the original dual weights and I also have the TC201 and when you look at both there is no way the DW has less offset. My fitter and club builder also agrees. I bought the set because I don't like the look of offset since my miss is a hook and was deeply disappointed to say the least.

Interesting that they would be advertised falsely.....Who am I to disagree if you have had them in hand. I wouldn't have a clue. 

On 5/24/2022 at 7:44 AM, Ginrin said:

Can you post a pic of them side by side at address then? I guess people on here will be skeptical unless you post photos...