Purchased what I was told were taylormade r7 TP muira forged irons.. *pics included

The TM R7 forged are a real thing. Whether the ones you have or real or fake I can't tell. Any serial numbers?

I don't think they had "TP" models for the R7 Forged irons. ....   R9 Forged came in regular and TP versions.    Regardless,  the R7 Forged were the player's model irons in the R7 lineup.   I actually prefer this R7 Forged over the R9 TP Forged.    I still have an orphaned #5 iron I picked up years ago.  🙂    Not sure if they were Miura forged... they definitely do feel like they are Miura forged.    The current P7MCs remind me very much of these R7 Forged irons as well as the TP forged from back then. 

Though they were really sought after at the time, they unfortunately do not hold much value these days in Japan and sets in good condition are getting harder to find.  

Your set look legit to me and they appear to be in great shape too!   Great pickup!