TaylorMade R7 Ti JDMO irons - does the Ti stand for Titanium, or for Tour Issue?

yahman

Hi all - recently I won these TaylorMade r7 Ti irons in an acution - before bidding I had joined this site, found out a bit of info (enough to want the sticks - badly) - but would like to glean some additional info as most of my research has produced little tangible results. 

I have found a couple of instances of sets having been sold (worldwide), however, what I do not know is, exactly what the "Ti" stands for - (see pictures.)

I also have been made aware of the NSPRO 950GH shaft and that it is common to the Japanese market.

If anyone could shed some more light on these clubs (foundry, etc.) I sure would appreciate it - they are definitely easy-to-hit game improvement irons - I do have some issues with how large the Pitch, Gap and Sand wedge clubheads are however....

Thanks for any feedback - regards, Yah 

IMG_20220525_122053209.jpg

IMG_20220525_123212375.jpg

Hi,

This is not the R7 TP Forged that we typically talk about on here. Sorry to say that it is definitely not a tour issue set you have found as no pro would play them. That R7 Ti is to my understanding a cast game improvement iron for mid-/high handicappers with a titanium insert. Completely different club.

Anyway, hope you do get along with them.

I appreciate any info at all, actually had forgotten that "Ti" stood for Titanium insert, thanks for that.

I was wondering though - (maybe you, or someone else could comment) - do the JDM clubs use different materials than the ones marketed in the U.S.?  I know I hadn't heard of the "R7 Ti" club in the States (but did once own the Mizuno T3 Ti OS clubs - which were also utilized titanium inserts).

Cheers

IMG_20220407_143723279.jpg

IMG_20220407_133829969.jpg

3 hours ago, bngolfer said:

Hi,

This is not the R7 TP Forged that we typically talk about on here. Sorry to say that it is definitely not a tour issue set you have found as no pro would play them. That R7 Ti is to my understanding a cast game improvement iron for mid-/high handicappers with a titanium insert. Completely different club.

Anyway, hope you do get along with them.

I disagree B, they could be tour issue.....Senior tour 😄