Biggest regret(s!!!) sell........

supo

Been scouring my  resources for a cpl of weeks tryign to track down my fave ever  golf bag i sold to, im prettty sure , somone here yrs ago  and there is none left.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! 

so i started going thru all my other why did  i let those go items and checking for access and low bad behold there are none!

so heres what i came up with my list  of doh if i cud have that moment  back again !!

-onoff3612 bag in gold.greenred.

-yamaha tour caddy  bag.

-yonex ezone wedges.

-crazy 425 tour / crazy 50 sx driver

-epon af tour cb

-miura  jp only caddy  bag

-ALL my diamana stingers!

-miuraism  sb01s/ NS2f15s

-Golds  gss 350/muziik dogati pt 
-Hiro Mastumoto  HM  1999 ln

-odyssey protype  36i 2 ball

sigh............., 

anyone  (everyone )  else got regrets theyd like to  re do again ? 

jBEAM 535 10° with Bangvoo 757.

Yamaha inpres X 201 9°with  Diamana x60s.

Yamaha inpres iff fw 17 and 20 with whiteboard 73x and 83x.

OnOff forged 2013 with Steelfiber i95.

Crazy cb-i02 iron shafts.

Crazy black 110 wedge shafts.

Mizuno yoro craft mp4 and mp54 combo set.

Royal Collection Dent Back 52/58 wedges.

Taylormade Original One mini driver 13.5° with Tensei CK pro blue 80tx.

Probably loads more.

Anything I did have regrets about I purchased a second time. Sold some of them again. Some are still with me.

If I had to pick one thing it would be my RF 551 I only used a handful of times then sold to Duffer. A long time ago....

On 7/8/2022 at 10:28 AM, Ian-500 said:

jBEAM 535 10° with Bangvoo 757.

Yamaha inpres X 201 9°with  Diamana x60s.

Yamaha inpres iff fw 17 and 20 with whiteboard 73x and 83x.

OnOff forged 2013 with Steelfiber i95.

Crazy cb-i02 iron shafts.

Crazy black 110 wedge shafts.

Mizuno yoro craft mp4 and mp54 combo set.

Royal Collection Dent Back 52/58 wedges.

Taylormade Original One mini driver 13.5° with Tensei CK pro blue 80tx.

Probably loads more.

Still have those RC 52/58 dent back wedges……they’re still great. Although not currently in the bag.

I too regret selling a golds ‘…….tiger tribute’ 

selling regrets …same as purchasing regrets although harder to rectify….

There are a few.. but the cheapest ones of the bunch are the Royal Collection black 6150 wedges in 49/55/60. Perfect. Well - they had someen some play - but the shape and fell = perfection. Never found wedges that are quite as perfect. The SDJ 115 that are in the bag today and the 61* Seven ST are pretty sweet though.

I think the regrets I have are mostly on one off putters that were customized.  

1. Odyssey Black Series #1 with custom Gold's Factory Aluminum face insert

2. An old Yamada Mallet with heel flow neck / customized with Smoke Copper Finish  

3. Yamada IPT customized by Gold's Factory with Aluminum face insert / later refinished by Tom Slighter

4. Evnroll ER2 custom tour satin finish by labworx. 

14 hours ago, parputt said:

Mizuno Yoro mP66 irons Nickle finish less offset and box toe.Its a shame Yoro isnt offered anymore.

Too bad you didn’t sell them to me. Would have loved that shape!

On 7/13/2022 at 3:07 AM, supo said:

yonez ezone MBS as well... cant find a good  quality set anymore.

I picked those up and shafted them with Crazy Target Tours in X. Sold them onwards though. Beautiful irons. That sharp toe à la Zodia = love.

oh yea. .they are  so good for tight lies and hard grtass in winter in austraiaia, originally had Dgs200s  in them and so i   swapped them out for a set of NSproto  ORA................

THAT WAS ONE OF MY WORST SELLS EVER!!!!!

what was i thinking?!?!?!!?!?

id give up a lot to get that set back. 

Edited by supo

Sorry I have shipped them onward.

• 1 month later...

Muira Baby Blades

SYard T388 

SYard XV 3 wood

Money is not everything..... I truly miss these clubs

ive recently reinstated both hthe syard t388 driver   ( diamana x 70s )  and the  xv 3w.

im swapping  the  shfts over  for a bit  more than versatility  that just a driver alt.

the 3 wood goes form an aliislei 83s  which was  incredblie from a tee but asking abit much to be properly effective  off the ground to somehting a little lighter, maybe a  70s  0r a 60s x of some  kind.

takes a while but u realise the folly of   moving pieces u love  eventually.

and i def do not buy into the garbage that todays clubs are better than 10 yrs ago, its just  rubbish.  TM  spend a trillopn bucks a year making the best e ver longest ever dirver 4 timesa seaon, when in fact the tec hthat goes  into these heads 

in a vacuum on a swing robot  is effectively....................................

wait for  it.

1 yard longer  per year , at best!!

Edited by supo

I typically hang on to the best things too. Age not important. However, my friend who is a very good golfer just got 6 mph more ball speed and lost 500 rpm spin when he got fitted for the Titleist TSr. He is on Titleist staff. I could do with 6 mph.

No, doubt that.

I will do a fitting for one too in a coole of weeks. Will try and corroborate the story.

Just bought a Baldo 438 head from Japan. Will be interesting to test alongside the Titleist

as an aside my buddy has a tm simm2  with ventus 6x @ 45 inch   10.5*  thats spot on my specs as a rule.

ive hit this a few games side by  side   with a few  of my builds.

i LOVE the head shape of that TM but the colours/?!!!!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?  my god that is not a coluor in the natural world i cant look at it.

the head is  very  confidence inducing at address  to my eye but the impact is awful.. ahh there is no feel to  it at all.

its like a dullard.   it goes  str8 enough, but the shaft i found a bit  too whippy.

i thought htis wud be great on links  ifi  rebuilt if with a diaman B 60x  , wud  hit  low flat rollers.

so , there was zero distance  gains i saw  vs about 5 drivers  ive hit it against. in fact it has not beaten  any of them. they are all about hte same  the difference to me is lights out not the TM for feel. even my badoink 435. stinger has more sensation to it.

i dont htink i cud waste an uber shaft on this  quuality head  it wud just irk me .

an old dia blue wud be great tho  but i doubt  id  play it often  and  certianly not when i have the syard next  to it.

As Frank Sinatra said…’regrets, I’ve had a few’

but my biggest regret was a set of baby blade heads I sold to a guy in the UK (maybe on this forum). 

I had about 4 months of flushing them, then played with a pro who implied that I wasn’t good enough for them. In fact he felt nobody was good enough for them! A few bad games followed and I sold them (heads only) for $1000 posted (too cheap in hindsight). Worse was the fact that they cleared UK customs and then disappeared with the Courier claiming they were never received from Customs. No further tracking! Insurance didn’t help and I ended up refunding the guy all the dollars! Haven’t had any Baby Blades since…sadly!

4 hours ago, Petethepilot said:

As Frank Sinatra said…’regrets, I’ve had a few’

but my biggest regret was a set of baby blade heads I sold to a guy in the UK (maybe on this forum). 

I had about 4 months of flushing them, then played with a pro who implied that I wasn’t good enough for them. In fact he felt nobody was good enough for them! A few bad games followed and I sold them (heads only) for $1000 posted (too cheap in hindsight). Worse was the fact that they cleared UK customs and then disappeared with the Courier claiming they were never received from Customs. No further tracking! Insurance didn’t help and I ended up refunding the guy all the dollars! Haven’t had any Baby Blades since…sadly!

That is a sad story Pete..

traded my cow for some magic beans once - that worked out pretty good....and then even topped that when I let the kids go for a set of Ping Eye 2's

ha!!

i had .asimlar story im syd with aussie post.

affter getting  the exact  local from jp post .the  postman  axcidemtally. found  my miura5002s  in his garage. .. they were  sent to the wrong  place aparently   he  retured  after. i called  the police  and told.the post office they were beinng  investigated.

the  box was  re sealed ajd there was  dirt  on tje  clubs.

must be miura!

On 8/22/2022 at 1:48 PM, bngolfer said:

I typically hang on to the best things too. Age not important. However, my friend who is a very good golfer just got 6 mph more ball speed and lost 500 rpm spin when he got fitted for the Titleist TSr. He is on Titleist staff. I could do with 6 mph.

That sounds promising!!   I just sold my custom fitted Stealth Plus since I was hitting my SIM2 Max w/Tour AD PT Hi Mod better!!   So much for custom fitting!!   

I am waiting to pre-order a TSR.  Not sure which model yet but likely a TSR2.  I will likely use the Kurokage '13 again.   

good looking head that.... never go for the screw in shafts tho.

ive got  one and funnily enough it hasnt boken,, but i jsut cant  get  my head around  scerwing in a shaft or putting one on a top shaft ! .