Carbon putter shaft for over-the-hosel neck putter heads.

nobmontana

Ever since I experienced the Dogatti PT putter shaft several years ago when it was introduced, I always had the shaft in at least one of my putters.   The head naturally needed to be one that would accept a 9.2mm ( .355")  diameter shaft.   Like a plumbers neck type head.  So I had the shaft in an anser style head most of the time. 

However, someone at Mitsubishi came up with a shaft adapter that would allow installing a carbon putter shaft on a head that has an over -the-hosel type neck.  It's not the most pretty result, but heck, I like the shaft so much I decided to try this method on one of my over-the-hosel Benock putters!!  A couple of Dogatti shafts on order along with these putter shaft adapters from Mitsubishi!    Will post pics once I have one built.   In the mean time, here is an example of what it would look like.   

Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 11.23.25 PM.png

It’s ok. Bit too untidy for me.
If I liked the shaft that much after all the tinkering, deciding it was the putter shaft. Heck I would just have the putter hosel changed to accommodate, If I wanted a more professional look. 

8 hours ago, hutchy said:

It’s ok. Bit too untidy for me.
If I liked the shaft that much after all the tinkering, deciding it was the putter shaft. Heck I would just have the putter hosel changed to accommodate, If I wanted a more professional look. 

yea I guess...  but changing the neck/hosel design would change the head design all together.    

A Benock Pantaleone in a plumbers neck would not do itself any justice! 🙂

On 9/3/2022 at 4:41 PM, nobmontana said:

yea I guess...  but changing the neck/hosel design would change the head design all together.    

A Benock Pantaleone in a plumbers neck would not do itself any justice! 🙂

Yeh I guess that could be over kill. Hopefully your builder is very tidy. 

I think LAGOLF were supposed to be producing an over-the-hosel version of their shaft. That would surely look better

than an adaptor.

4 hours ago, hutchy said:

Yeh I guess that could be over kill. Hopefully your builder is very tidy. 

No no no....  I don't let anyone else mess with my clubs!    

2 hours ago, corky3 said:

I think LAGOLF were supposed to be producing an over-the-hosel version of their shaft. That would surely look better

than an adaptor.

I looked this up.... but they provide zero explanation of how this is achieved and no info on the inner diameter of the tip. 

If its a single piece carbon fiber tip,  I'd be too worried about the tip section breaking due to the wall thickness being too thin. 

Only way I can think of is to make the shaft  with hybrid construction a la Bi-Matrix with a metal tip section and cover the connection area with a nice heavy coat of paint.  :

Aesthetically,  that would be better for sure.   

Edited by nobmontana

8 hours ago, nobmontana said:

I looked this up.... but they provide zero explanation of how this is achieved and no info on the inner diameter of the tip. 

If its a single piece carbon fiber tip,  I'd be too worried about the tip section breaking due to the wall thickness being too thin. 

Only way I can think of is to make the shaft  with hybrid construction a la Bi-Matrix with a metal tip section and cover the connection area with a nice heavy coat of paint.  :

Aesthetically,  that would be better for sure.   

Aesthetically yes Nobs. But your attracted to the Dogatti based on feel ? Will be interested on how these builds turn out. Hopefully you have come across a solution.

i dont mind that 1 iota.  ive beee mucking around with grips/  shafts liek never before  on putters  to find the best match. ive got several heads i cant fix due to the inser type not matching the  NS  purple  i have .

seriusly i much have 30  putter sahfts than dont match,  this might solve a few  issuses

where do i  get them ? 

do a google look up on ディアマナ チップアダプタ ...  should get you several online sources.