Best graphite shafts for irons?

teasa

I´m a 72 y.o. golfer, that can´t play as much as I want to do, my distance is 130m =144y, with the 7i, hen I´m looking for one shaft with weight less 85 grs, regular because I´m feel well wit 250-260CPM in the 5i, I have demo the graphite design tour AD 65 reg, but I cam´t to demo others brands and weights, then I beg you , thay if you have experience with others shafts, please let me to know it, thanks

6 hours ago, supo said:

diamana  fubuki  are  worth a look.

These are good.

Of the graphite iron shafts I've used before,  Mitsubishi OT irons were pretty good as well as the Fujikura MCI Blacks.  Did not prefer the silver MCI though.... Also, if you are on a budget, Mitsubishi Kurokage TiNi LBP (Low Balance Point) shafts are excellent.   I have one in 105g now in my Honma TW-U 4 iron.   I believe they also come in a 65g and an 85g.  Titelist still have these shafts in their custom option lineup for their T200 and T300 irons the last time I checked. 

Edited by nobmontana

nobs  ive not hit the  MCi black, but i rebuilt a 6 iron yamah  sx-25   with  a sliver  for range work , i originally didn tlike that either but now i love it, wahts the difference between the black and silver ? 

Edited by supo

hello , 

I used for years steelfiber , then I moved to quadra and I'm now super happy with veylix , and there are also not that expensive 

On 9/29/2022 at 9:02 PM, supo said:

nobs  ive not hit the  MCi black, but i rebuilt a 6 iron yamah  sx-25   with  a sliver  for range work , i originally didn tlike that either but now i love it, wahts the difference between the black and silver ? 

Black has weight flow whereas silver is constant weight.   And perhaps that explains why the Blacks felt easier especially for the longer irons because they were actually a bit lighter than the short irons.  

Edited by nobmontana

How could I have forgotten!    Crazy STP shafts in 85g or less are very good iron shafts.   The 100g and above are too stout and boardy for most.  

I've used the 85g in my UT irons or Hybrids and they work very well.    They are proprietary stepped graphite design.     

On 10/5/2022 at 5:19 PM, supo said:

7 dreamers...........................

Oh yes... I had the privilege of trying their iron shafts back when they were still prototypes at the fitting studio in Tokyo.  

Had really good stability and even though it was in a n Epon 703 head, the shafts almost erased any kind of clickiness of the face.   

Never really took off as a product because of the uber high price but was definitely one of the best for sure! 

Seven Dreamers Lab as a company went under in 2019 and now their shaft division still lives under a new name called "Imide and Suns."    

oh yea,  they are not too far away...i used  to spend  a  bit of time in the shop hitting their  gear ,  it was on my  way home,  their  putter shafts were  extraoridary .. just a tad on the  exxy side, a lady pro i was friends with was thier sales agent  right before they closed , shes was  working me to get fully fitted and 

mr wizard was  their primary chosen  builder, i had alot  of extentions done with 7d  cuts!

wud  love afull set  of 7d  shafts , driver (check) , 2 woods, 5/pw   putter.

wedges might  be a bit extreme  if. isold  most of  my hoard  i cud...

hmmmmmmmm  ponderage(again) 

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, John sears said:

Has anybody used bankvoo

A few people have used the Bangvoo iron shaft, but they are either banned or just don't comment on this site anymore. I've only used the Bangvoo 757 in a driver and fairway. One of my all time favourites.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Spoon said:

tensei ck pro white iron shafts.

ive tried all the exotic and jdm shafts these have been my gamers

for over 1 year shafted in Epon-506 irons.

CK Pro white? I've seen the Tensei AV and AM(2) irons shafts, but never seen the Pro's.......what weight are they?

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/5/2023 at 6:47 AM, Spoon said:

So not CK Pro white then......

• 2 weeks later...

A really good graphite shaft for irons that does not cost a fortune is True Temper's GENER8