Anyone watching? Who's your pick for the win?

Japan of course!!  🙂     US-England match was pretty good to watch! 

I was impressed when Japn beat Germany, but they'll need a result in their last match to qualify. England-USA game was one of the worst games EVER! 

As always - the English are cocky thinking that "the cup will come home". When was it in its "home" last? The Premier League is by far the best league in the world, but not due to all the magnificent English players. My main bet this cup is for England not to reach the semi finals 🙂

But it has been a crazy cup thus far. Nothing goes according to plan so England might win it.. But my favourites to win is Brazil although they have 9 attacking players. Odds-wise I would put my money on France. The Netherlands is another team that looks good but never wins. I will probably have a little flutter there too.

But forza Japan!

We (England) have a great chance. We sometimes can come across as cocky, but try not being cocky when you've invented 50% of everything (England/Britain/UK!)

We're the only team that hasn't lost a game going in to the knockout rounds, so yes I've every confidence we can win. Beat Japan in the Final 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2022 at 9:27 AM, Ian-500 said:

We (England) have a great chance. We sometimes can come across as cocky, but try not being cocky when you've invented 50% of everything (England/Britain/UK!)

We're the only team that hasn't lost a game going in to the knockout rounds, so yes I've every confidence we can win. Beat Japan in the Final 🙂

How could I have missed this one Ian? Love it! 

The ”invented 50 % of everything” is phenomenal. Still, every time I go to visit (mainly London though 30+ times) I feel like I’m in a 3rd world country. I used to bug my sister who lived there for 8 years about that. 

Anyway - you guys were better than France for about 84 minutes of that game. 

Better luck in 2026, but if Southgate is still manager and keeps Foden and Trent on the bench then you’ll be SOL again.

Merry Christmas brother!

23 hours ago, bngolfer said:

How could I have missed this one Ian? Love it! 

The ”invented 50 % of everything” is phenomenal. Still, every time I go to visit (mainly London though 30+ times) I feel like I’m in a 3rd world country. I used to bug my sister who lived there for 8 years about that. 

Anyway - you guys were better than France for about 84 minutes of that game. 

Better luck in 2026, but if Southgate is still manager and keeps Foden and Trent on the bench then you’ll be SOL again.

Merry Christmas brother!

Yeah I know what you mean about feeling like a 3rd world country. A lot of the big cities are run down. For such a 'rich' country, I wonder where all the money goes.....

England definitely had more possession than France, and played well for most of the game, just something lacking in attack. Bring on 2026!

Merry Christmas my friend.