Royal collection rebirth

corky3

Over the years I’ve always relied on RC fairways, indeed still have a rescue in the bag, so it was always with sadness that

i viewed the co.s decline, but now they’re back…….

they’re sporting every bell and whistle modern technology can offer…..carbon crowns, adjustability and ti bodies and it

all looks fab but…… I still hanker and love maraging  steel faced fairways.. maybe I should just get one to see if they still have the magic…..

yea. i saw those  they have been  bought  out by some  big conglomertae by the looks of it ,.

funnily  enough...  ive rebuilt 12 older  roycolls   fws  last year and cant think why i left them in the fist place.

the original  bbd type 2  is still one of the most workable sttylish fwds ive hit  and game,  just reshafed t a 16*  with  a new crazy black 80fw. ..  its , ahhhh magnificent.

saw the new stuff ,   the Tmx  looks like c3po  for tech,  the only hting i dont like is  that rounded off convex  sleeker  face shape and ..................screw in hosels.grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

pls get one..  im not,  but i want to  know! 

Also the DB proto wedges were a long term mainstay of the bag……doubt these will be re offered but there’s hope

4 hours ago, corky3 said:

Also the DB proto wedges were a long term mainstay of the bag……doubt these will be re offered but there’s hope

I played the 6150 for years. Similar in look to the DB but had what are now illegal grooves. Loved them.

I've yet to buy into adjustable hosels and have never owned a club with one. I've always fought the left side when I miss and to this day I believe it has a lot to do with the severe upright lies on modern drivers and fairways.  The spec sheet on the new TM-X line claims that these can be adjusted to 3* flat.  That in and of itself has me very interested...