OG looking for a new driver build

chiromikey

Thinking I will buy a 10.5 435 Black and put a Tensei Orange 1K in it and compare it to the Baldo 438 9.5 that is currently getting a Vanquish in it.

Besides color and face milling instead of grooves, does the Black differ from the regular 435 in any other ways?

1 hour ago, chiromikey said:

Besides color and face milling instead of grooves, does the Black differ from the regular 435 in any other ways?

I don’t know but have read that it is lower launching. Internal weighting?

On 4/10/2023 at 11:25 AM, bngolfer said:

Thinking I will buy a 10.5 435 Black and put a Tensei Orange 1K in it and compare it to the Baldo 438 9.5 that is currently getting a Vanquish in it.

Do you a great deal on a 535 black...

• 2 months later...
On 4/10/2023 at 3:25 AM, bngolfer said:

Did you get to make this comparison?  Any updates on the Vanquish?

Just got the Jbeam head. Have not shafted it. The Vanquish feels very good. Tight and not at all floppy/flimsy as other very light weight ahafts. The 5X is about 58 grams. Easy to control draw/fade and loves to just go straight. Would never have guessed that it is more than 4* torque. More like 2.5. 

My issue is that I don’t think I get any distance. Have not put it on a launch monitor so I don’t know what the issue is. Have too as soon as I get back to golf. My back is out for the next couple of weeks.

2 hours ago, bngolfer said:

Just got the Jbeam head. Have not shafted it. The Vanquish feels very good. Tight and not at all floppy/flimsy as other very light weight ahafts. The 5X is about 58 grams. Easy to control draw/fade and loves to just go straight. Would never have guessed that it is more than 4* torque. More like 2.5. 

My issue is that I don’t think I get any distance. Have not put it on a launch monitor so I don’t know what the issue is. Have too as soon as I get back to golf. My back is out for the next couple of weeks.

It's those steel iron shafts that have put your back out! Hahahahaha.

8 hours ago, Ian-500 said:

You may be into something…My neck has been killing me lately and I think it’s from trying to hit golf balls while avoiding any glimpse of these Medusa like graphite shifts. 😜

12 hours ago, Ian-500 said:

No, the back issues comes from having had a wife that has several horses. Fencing, cleaning stalls etc etc is the real killer. Good thing I'm outa there but still kills my back.