Bandon Dues get together

Just want to start this to see if there would be any interest at all for a Bandon Dues get together .

I know for some people that this will not be possible and depending on the time of year I will be one of them .

I just had a look at there web site , what I found is that the cheapest time to golf there is either before June or after September . As during that time it is $200 to play .

It does not give the rates for before June or after September but I'm sure that they are much cheaper due to the weather factor .

Chainsaw and myself talked about this while I was in Vegas so I just would like to see if there would be any interest in say a October 04 or a March April 05 get together .

Accomodations need not be at the resort to play and I do a card from a motel/hotel in Bandon that was $42.50 +/- a night . Don't have the bill handy right now . Sorry .

Not a bad place , it is across the street from a grocery store, also a golf shop for those that would need some extra balls . No tax in Oregon either :) The room does come with a nuker and one might inquire about a small fridge ?

Has full cable with free HBO .

Anybody who had some interest please post here with what time of the week you would think would be best , mid week/weekend and we will see what happens .

Thanks

Mike

I have a group of freinds that go evrey October - they absolutely love it. The biggest problem IMO is the cost of flight and the avilability of flights from Portland to Bandon. If you have enough people flying out of Portland to the resort - I am sure a group discount could be arranged.

Mike how far of a drive is it from Portland to Bandon ?

If we do a trip I think lodging should have it's options - some may want to stay on the premises others may not.

I think it would be intersting to see how many people have a sincere interest.

If it is mid to late October - I would have an interest.

I have a group of freinds that go evrey October - they absolutely love it.  The biggest problem IMO is the cost of flight and the avilability of flights from Portland to Bandon.  If you have enough people flying out of Portland to the resort - I am sure a group discount could be arranged.

If we do a trip I think lodging should have it's options - some may want to stay on the premises others may not.

AK if I remember right it is about 5 +/- hours Portland to Bandon . But if you were to time it right and lets say you were the only one coming in by plane at that time I'm sure I could pick you up as I have to drive right through Portland anyways . :)

If not we do have a member of the site that lives in Vancouver WA who moght be interested also in attending . Next time I talk to him will bring it up .

Accomodations at Bandon Dunes are also quite expensive . Thats why I included that hotel/motel thing in the post .

I have a group of freinds that go evrey October - they absolutely love it.  The biggest problem IMO is the cost of flight and the avilability of flights from Portland to Bandon.  If you have enough people flying out of Portland to the resort - I am sure a group discount could be arranged.

AK if I remember right it is about 5 +/- hours Portland to Bandon . But if you were to time it right and lets say you were the only one coming in by plane at that time I'm sure I could pick you up as I have to drive right through Portland anyways . :)

If not we do have a member of the site that lives in Vancouver WA who moght be interested also in attending . Next time I talk to him will bring it up .

Accomodations at Bandon Dunes are also quite expensive . Thats why I included that hotel/motel thing in the post .

Mike - how many people are you expecting - my guess is three fouresomes - I may be out of line with my guess but I find it hard to coordinate more individuals than that for a few days of golf.

Speaking of which how many days are you thinking ?

I would consider it very lucky if we were to get 12 . I think more like about 8 would be realistic . As to the amount of days I would say to leave that up to the individuals , as long as everyones there for says 2 or 3 days in a row great . But if some would like to come early or leave later that is also fine .

As an example we have a 2 day tourney on lets say a Thursday , Friday .

Some people can come in on Tuesday and stay till Saturday while others could come in on Wed and stay till Sunday or Monday.

As long as were all there for the Thursday , Friday I won't matter .

Any other idea's out there ??

All I need is warning. Didn't Golf Digest have a vacation article on Bandon last month? At the bottom of my list of good flying ideas is trip from Portland or Hillsboro (private planes) to North Bend. So my advice would be to drive and maybe play Sand Pines in Florence? :)

• 1 month later...

Have put this in two different threads just in case somebody miss's it in the other one .

Guy's at this time I am going to have to drop out of this trip that we were trying to get off the ground . :(

Cost is the biggest factor for me as the price of the green fee's are just a little too much for me . With the Canadian dollar dropping like a rock right now closed yesterday at .71 cent US , I just can not justify this trip in October and the $100+ US green fee's .

I am truely sorry about this . :(

I hope that this in no way will stop any of you who still want to go from still going , but for me I will have to drop out .

Thanks to all that showed somw interest and voted ofr the time of year that was best for you and if anybody does go I hope you all have a great time .

Mike

:(