Have you hit a High COR Driver? :?

TourSpecGirl

Did you hit a nonconforming Driver?  

60 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

I love High COR Drivers. In fact, it would be tough to convert back. Call me a cheater, but how can I turn down an extra 10 - 15 yards down the middle drive? :?

Anyways...

I was wondering who played a nonconforming Driver and what they thought about it.

And..Who did not, and why not? :D

I had a TM R300Ti Tour (360cc HiCor). I didn't get any extra out of it. The main reason I don't play them is because you can't use them when you play to calculate your handicap in the U.S.. If I was anywhere else where it was legal, I'd would have one of the TourStage's. :( .

Here's some photos...

300face1sm.jpg

300bottomsm.jpg

I play one currently. I actually have 2 R300Tours, and a R320Tour. Legal for me. I goes generally the same as .83 Cor drivers that I have hit with same/similar shafts. At my SS of 108ish (maxed out a little over 110) there is probably a 5 to 10 yard difference which is not much. It would be like missing the sweetspot by maybe 1/4 inch. I do find the Hi cors to be less forgiving on bad shots (not just slightmis**ts) than non hi cors.

TourSpecGirl Kills any driver she hits from the red Tee we are pretty much even when i play from the whites. From the tips her drives kill me.

I use any types of drivers and really notice the High C.O.R are drivers hot off the face faster and more explosive compared to a conforming club. I'm not sure exactly what to think about distance when i recently compared the X390 pro spec to the X390 high C.O.R they were about the same but when i compared a conforming Tour OnOff driver to a retail version the retail version smashed the Tour Pros driver. It depends on the Driver and player. I'm really loving my R7 MAX just because ball go straight :lol:

I had an ERC II at one time if that counts. Very explosive off the face, like a rocket. Compared it to a Hawkeye VFT which is very similar in shape and everything and i thought the ERC would beat it by a bit. But i had probably 10-15 yards farther (according to my pacing tecniques :wink: )

Thought it was a great club though.

I play a hi-cor driver that is NOT on the USGA non-conforming list. I will continue to do as there is simply no substitute for the pop and power on the ball that IMO the .03 provides.

If you are the least bit curious there are dozens of hi-cor drivers that are not on the non-conforming list. I check the list every Monday out of curiosity. If you want to go that route, don't get the big names a la TM, Callaway, etc. Their hi-cor drivers get on the list quickly.

In summary, a retail R580, tour GBBII aren't anywhere near my 420cc hi-cor head with a Fuji Six in driving distance. And I'm legal! LOL

I've been playing the non-conforming 10.5* model since last year. I play golf for fun. I almost never keep score.

I don't have a high enough swing speed to really take advantage of the high COR. I am getting maybe 5-10 extra yards tops with the MR 23. I love the feel & the trajectory with the MR 23, plus I hit it pretty straight.

What more do you want from a driver.

I played the Gemini for the first time last weekend with the senior shaft. This thing is SUPER forgiving. The senior shaft wasn't as bad as I thought. I tipped 1" last night and will see how is works this weekend. MR 23 might be in trouble!

I play a hi-cor driver that is NOT on the USGA non-conforming list.  I will continue to do as there is simply no substitute for the pop and power on the ball that IMO the .03 provides.  

In summary, a retail R580, tour GBBII aren't anywhere near my 420cc hi-cor head with a Fuji Six in driving distance.  And I'm legal!  LOL

I would say you are not legal. You are playing a driver not found on the list....but you KNOW it to be Hi-COR which the USGA deems illegal. You are a cheater, and worse off you know you are and continue to do it. :roll:

I had a TM R300Ti Tour (360cc HiCor). I didn't get any extra out of it. The main reason I don't play them is because you can't use them when you play to calculate your handicap in the U.S.. If I was anywhere else where it was legal, I'd would have one of the TourStage's.  .  

Oops!! I have a handicap in the US. ...don't ask, don't tell... :wink: Thanks for the great info. But I don't see why it would be illegal, because I'm really not cheating others...my handicap just gives an impression that I'm a better golfer than I really am :D No harm done. Any thoughts on this?

titanium faced irons that give me an extra club length (Go XXIO) and a driver that is not on the USGA non-conforming list. I'm getting a Gemini from one of THE MEN on this site. So if I had a smidge of guilt, I'd worry about it. If you notice, I did a little "LOL" to note my sarcasm regarding the conforming/non-conforming issue. There's no real right or wrong here. If it ain't on the list, it's good to go anywhere on earth. If I know it's a non-conforming driver who cares? I just play for fun and I'd rather have a wedge in than an 8 iron. Should we all play blades too? I'll break 80 with any set. But I'll enjoy the technology that the companies are working so hard to provide. Aloha!

I had a TM R300Ti Tour (360cc HiCor). I didn't get any extra out of it. The main reason I don't play them is because you can't use them when you play to calculate your handicap in the U.S.. If I was anywhere else where it was legal' date=' I'd would have one of the TourStage's. .

[/quote']

Oops!! I have a handicap in the US. ...don't ask, don't tell... :wink: Thanks for the great info. But I don't see why it would be illegal, because I'm really not cheating others...my handicap just gives an impression that I'm a better golfer than I really am :D No harm done. Any thoughts on this?

Yes, I have some thoughts... Why doesn't my wife play golf.

Yup, love em! Don't really know how a conforming driver feels anymore. Don't think I've hit one since our market started getting it's products from Japan. All the drivers here are non-conforming. If you did play a conforming driver, you're spotting your buddies some distance.

Just hit the R7 last night at the TaylorMade launch! Wow! We changed the weights around from position 1 to position 2 and there definitely was a difference in the trajectory. It was long and really stable at impact, too!

I'll post a review after I get the demo I was promised.

• 2 years later...
Pretty much everything in Australia is non-conforming so I have hit heaps of them.

Nick

Until 2008!..............Yep they're fine to use down here.......though everyone seems to be using .83.....I hit some silly long drives with my .86 R580, the shaft isn't as good as I use now so I cant really compare...I could definately notice the sweet spot on the .86 - when I hit it!

how can I turn down an extra 10 - 15 yards down the middle drive? :?

:D

What's this down the middle business? Isn't that a boring way to play golf? :tsg_smilie_whistle:

Edited by TMfreak