Project X equivalent to Rifle FCM 6.0 Flighted

golfnut

Anyone know what would be equivalent to Rifle FCM 6.0 Flighted in Project X? 5.0, 5.5, or 6.0?

I tried same club with DG X-100 vs Rifle FCM 6.0 Flighted and liked the Rifle FCM 6.0 Flighted as I can consistently hit it better than DG X-100. The only thing I didn't like is very high trajectory. I understand that Project X as intitially the same trajectory but flattens out and you get extra 5 - 10 yard distance. I also heard that Project X 5.5 is equivalent but some users have reported that it's stiffer than FCM 6.0 Flighted. So, what's the scoop? Appreciate any opinions.

This may or may not help you , but I use to play TFR 6.5 and went with the Project X 6.0 and to me they feel the same . But in saying that I also play all my irons at +1/2" .

What you need to do is see or at least talk to a expert . I did and I told him what I wanted/needed in terms of length of clubs and shafts I wanted to try and his recommendation was the 6.0 .

He was dead on correct and I am very happy with them :D

px plays about .3-.4 stiffer than labeled. so if you have 5.5's they would probably be somewhere in the 5.8-5.9 range. so the 6.0 would play like a 6.3-6.4.

if you want a flatter trajectory px will be perfect. and yes you definately gain bout 5-8 yards a club!

andy

Anyone know what would be equivalent to Rifle FCM 6.0 Flighted in Project X? 5.0, 5.5, or 6.0?

I tried same club with DG X-100 vs Rifle FCM 6.0 Flighted and liked the Rifle FCM 6.0 Flighted as I can consistently hit it better than DG X-100. The only thing I didn't like is very high trajectory. I understand that Project X as intitially the same trajectory but flattens out and you get extra 5 - 10 yard distance. I also heard that Project X 5.5 is equivalent but some users have reported that it's stiffer than FCM 6.0 Flighted. So, what's the scoop? Appreciate any opinions.

If you like the Standard Rifle's at 6.0 then depending on the feel you want.. either 5.0 or 5.5 PX should be good. You could get the 5.5's and soft step them once to get it perfect. I play the Standard 6.0's and use the 5.5's in the PX's. They are slightly stiffer and the PX's feel stiff regardless. That's just their characteristic.

If you like the Standard Rifle's at 6.0 then depending on the feel you want.. either 5.0 or 5.5 PX should be good. You could get the 5.5's and soft step them once to get it perfect. I play the Standard 6.0's and use the 5.5's in the PX's. They are slightly stiffer and the PX's feel stiff regardless. That's just their characteristic.

Sorry about this but THREADJACK :)

Jim do you have any irons left in your bag other than the wedge's . Every time I look there is one less in play :lol:

Thanks guys. Found out from Rifle rep that Project X runs 1.5 flex stiffer than labeled. This was confirmed when I hit PX 6.0 that damn near felt like hitting a cast iron water pipe. So, I went with Project X 5.0 since that would be 6.5 in Rifle FCM Flighted. I'm going to test one club and determine if I should keep as is or even perhaps soft step by one club for entire set. Can you imagine, Phil Mickelson is hitting PX 7.0. He might as well swing an iron head attached to a lead plumbing pipe.