What do you guys think about this?

I was wondering what you guys thought of this situation. I sold a Vokey wedge to someone on this board on the BST section. This wedge was not even mine, I am selling it for a friend. It is brand newly refinished by the Iron Factory. We recieved the payment last saturday. The wedge was taken to our local Pak Mail shipper on tuesday along with about 75 other wedges. Were shorthanded at the shop right now since Waldo is out of town so I am running around doing 1000 things at once including trying to carry almost 75 boxes into Pak Mail by myself which certainly was fun! :lol: I get a PM from him on thursday asking me to confirm the day it shipped. I tell him it shipped on tuesday. I get a PM from him on friday saying that the wedge did not show up yet and that he wants the tracking number. I tell him that it was sent through a Pak Mail shipper and that I didnt have the tracking number handy. I told him that I would get in touch with Pak Mail and get him a tracking number. I send the owner of Pak Mail an email friday night asking for the tracking number for his package. Saturday I havent heard from him and I call. He is not there but I leave him a message to check his email. Sundays they are closed. I expect to hear back from him tomorrow with the tracking number. In the meantime I am sure the wedge will arrive any day. Today he send me another PM saying that he cannot believe that I have not gotten back to him with the tracking number. Now he has filed a claim with Paypal demanding to get his money back. Throughout this whole transaction he was very very rude. I am not really sure what I should do and I wanted to get some others opinions. :)

I've personally learned to be patient when buying things over the internet. I want what I ordered today to have arrived yesterday but I live in rural Arizona and have come to realize that these things take time and you have to enjoy the anticipation of something arriving.

If it were me you were dealing with I would ask that you be as patient as you can, explain to me that your product has been in high demand and you are doing your best to keep up with all of the orders. Explain that when the club finally arrives it will be well worth the wait (because from all of the reviews on this board I believe that your clubs are worth the wait).

If all else fails and the buyer doesn't want the club anymore then I would suggest that you ask that he not open the box upon arrival and arrange for UPS to pick it up from him. Let him know that once it comes back to you, you will refund the money.

After being completely mislead on an eBay transaction once, I think the tracking number is a necessity. It should be the first item in the confirming email to someone.

Not receiving it is like leaving a caller on the phone on hold for days. :(

I've personally learned to be patient when buying things over the internet. I want what I ordered today to have arrived yesterday but I live in rural Arizona and have come to realize that these things take time and you have to enjoy the anticipation of something arriving.

If it were me you were dealing with I would ask that you be as patient as you can, explain to me that your product has been in high demand and you are doing your best to keep up with all of the orders. Explain that when the club finally arrives it will be well worth the wait (because from all of the reviews on this board I believe that your clubs are worth the wait).

If all else fails and the buyer doesn't want the club anymore then I would suggest that you ask that he not open the box upon arrival and arrange for UPS to pick it up from him. Let him know that once it comes back to you, you will refund the money.

It was not a custom Scratch wedge that he ordered it was a Vokey that was not even mine. I am selling it for a friend of mine. This has nothing at all to do with Scratch. It has not even been a week since it shipped out. I have no problem sending the guy his money back if he is unhappy with the wedge but thats not even the case here. Its definetly not about the money. They guy was just incredibly rude starting with the first PM he sent me. Anyways refunding his money is not even an option that he has left me because before I could even do that he has filed a claim with Paypal.

Ari , I don't really know what to tell you , other than you are right he had jumped the gun and from the sound of what you have said he is not a very patient person .

Believe me when I say I know what it is like to buy something and then wait a real long time for it to arrive . So to me this person who bought the wedge has had second thoughts and changed his mind about it .

Then to top it off took away any chance of you guys working it out by filing the claim with paypal .

Is there any way you could file a counter claim ?? Or is that even possible for a seller ??

So to me this person who bought the wedge has had second thoughts and changed his mind about it .

Then to top it off took away any chance of you guys working it out by filing the claim with paypal .

Is there any way you could file a counter claim ?? Or is that even possible for a seller ??

Exactly. I can refute his claim and then Paypal will take statements and make a decision. Untill then they will hold the money. Im not sure what would happen with the wedge at that point. :roll: :cry:

It was not a custom Scratch wedge that he ordered it was a Vokey that was not even mine. I am selling it for a friend of mine. This has nothing at all to do with Scratch. It has not even been a week since it shipped out. I have no problem sending the guy his money back if he is unhappy with the wedge but thats not even the case here.

I missed that, need to quit submitting posts after beer takes affect.

Anyways it sounds like the buyer is a little impatient and may be after more than just the wedge. Why would someone submit a dispute while the item is being shipped? Present your facts to Paypal, if you can get the tracking number then provide it to both Paypal and the buyer and hopefully things will settle down a bit after the club arrives. Don't know what else to tell you.

I can sympathize with you. I've moonlighted for a guy that owns his own networking and pc repair business and there is always a few special customers you have to deal with. Nothing was ever to their satisfaction, if they needed some type of work done when they had caused a problem or broken something (especially after they had refused to buy virus software and gotten a virus) they expected it repaired for free, complained constantly, and were generally a pain to deal with. It seemed like the main thing they wanted was to get something for nothing.

Good luck.