I am thinking of buying one of these gaming systems. The only reason I am getting on is b/c I want to play TW '04, but I am sure I'll broaden my horizon's once I own it. I like mainly sports games with the ocasional adventure type games thrown in.

Which one do you guys think would be better.

I've got an X-box that I went back and forth on forever before finally buying. I played the hell out of it when I first got it but I haven't played it in months. I need to get a cable modem at home to hook up to x-box live b/c I've heard it adds a whole new dimension to the platform.

My vote X-box hands down.

I've got an X-box that I went back and forth on forever before finally buying. I played the hell out of it when I first got it but I haven't played it in months. I need to get a cable modem at home to hook up to x-box live b/c I've heard it adds a whole new dimension to the platform.

My vote X-box hands down.

I've had an XBox since it first came out. Great system. Worth it enough to just play 'Splinter Cell'. The best game ever!!!!

As far as online goes, I haven't done this but there is a hack to 'fake' the XBox into thinking it's part of a the subscriber network, thus getting that service for free.

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/darktip...3516799,00.html

PS2 all day.

Network Capability and Online gaming are extreme through cable modem.

Whole new world playing on line.

Pulling 3000 kb per second on a 10G Ethernet Wireless system. Running Dual 2.4 Ghrtz Processor P4's

on ASUS board 1024Megs/Ram

Micron PC W2K/Unix/Linux.

Don't let Microsift fool you. Sony got a lock on gaming.

You can get the XBox but don't blame me if your not happy.

Graphics generator, controller and network connectivity suck A$$.

Sorry Hipcheck!

30012264-2-300-overview-1.gif

PS2PS2PS2PS2PS2PS2

PS2PS2PS2PS2PS2PS2PS2PS2PS2

XBOX all the way. I have one and their live network is great but you must have a cable modem. I also read that they will be getting some of the EA games for online play either this year or next. You must play Splinter Cell and Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow. They made the first Splinter Cell way too easy on the PS2. I actually have both systems but I prefer the xbox. Also Project Gotham Racing is fantastic.

PS2...although I haven't played much xbox...its more a microsoft thing with me...but I got the monster cables for component hookup and the graphics are incredible...TW2004 is a kick as is NHL2004 ..kids like it too

Go to Target (or other massmerchandiser) and ask the 18 yr. old with the fur lined pocket protector. I bought my kids PS2 for Christmas. He said when Dad is ready get an X box.

I myself am no expert. Once my 7 year old kicked my a$$ in ATV's a gave it up.

Let me see,

When you buy a PS2.

You get a PS1,DVD,CD,MP3 player all in one.

You get 2 usb ports for extra devices and network ability plus a hard wired network slot, you can use voice and video through the USB plus firewire plug in front for another camera.

Play old and new games plus ROM, Burned or WARES

Tell me XBox is that good, don't thinks so.

Basic game console!