a_jones01_ft.jpg

Thats right the best pound for pound boxer lost all four of his belts in the early rounds of his most recent fight.

Im shocked!!

It was suprising that it went down the way it did but it's not like Tarver is Buster Douglas. Jones is old and I question his desire. He's done everything there is to do in boxing. I smell rematch. If they do fight again it should be a great fight. Boxing is such a quagmire currently. Something like this could jumpstart it again.

Jeff Lacy is my pick for next superstar. The kid is AMAZING!

I agree it is stunning, and yet I remember their first fight and Jones didn't look exceptionally good in that one which if memory serves he blamed on losing a lot of weight just before the fight. That smack Tarver gave him was a good one. Wonder it there'll be a rematch, although both these guys are kinda old, in my mind. Like that makes a difference..but I miss the days of Leonard/Hearns, Marvin Hagler, and all the other fighters that were worth watching. The whole sport is in such a sad state these days...ah well