Ribbed vs round which do you use?

primo

Ribbed or round grips?  

42 members have voted

1. 1.

• Ribbed, I like that extra rubber
    • round, feels like the shaft

You know I always liked the round grips better, but I just got my MR-23CB's and they have the tourstage full cord grips and I just noticed they are ribbed. I was going to rip em off, but I'm really starting to like these grips now. I might actually change the rest of my clubs to ribbed and cords. I'm thinking might go with Lampkin cords this time, instead of the usual GP v-50's I have had my whole life.

I always us full cord grips on everything, and no glove! I have lost chunks of skin at the range!! But once they get worn a bit it is no problem. I like to use round on my irons, I feel it gives me more options regarding grips position, pressure etc is I am trying to work a shot or hit a punch.

On woods I like ribbed so I know I will always have a consistent grip and not get too strong or too weak with my left hand.

• 4 years later...

I used to play ribbed when I was younger, switched to round and have recently come back to ribbed grips. My #1 setup flaw was gripping the club with too strong a grip. A ribbed grip prevents me from doing that because I can feel it when my grip is out of place. Maybe its a crutch, but it works for me.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I started out with ribbed leather "reminder" grips way back when and then evolved to round.

Although they're no longer real leather, I still always go with a wrap-style grip on everything.

I gave up the golf glove very early on. Don't like it, prefer to just towel before each shot, resin bag if necessary, but can't use rough, cord, or composition grips as a result.

• 1 year later...