Just read an article on www.drudgereport.com, apparently Hilary is getting serious consideration as a VP canidate. Since Pete tried to start a political thread I'm going to mix golf and politics and test the water to see how you guys feel about this one.

Personally I say this to her :-) :poop:

I think she would be the worst thing that could possibly happen to our country. Her platform will apparently be National healthcare. How is that working up north?

Oh geeze! :sad:

You mean she is being considered by the Green party to run with that other guy who isn't Nader? Please for the love of all things good say the Democrats aren't really concidering her...

National Heathcare... I like the idea, but haven't really looked into it. Right now health insurance is more unethical then loan sharking. HMO's are good for no one. The rules to some of these plans are rediculous and actually put people at risk of not recieving proper treatment even though they are fully covered.

I think it might work out well to make health care professionals civil servants. That way any person can simply walk into a hospital and recieve the treatment they need.

I have not really researched the topic, but I'd be really interested to hear from our Canadian brothers.

Apparently the dem's see her as being able to strenghten the ticket like no one else. It would be a great move to get the female voters out in full force. For some reason the middle american housewife connects so well with Hilary. I guess they find her empowering.

I personally am very freightened by the prospect. I can see some crazy estrogen mad female taking out Kerry if he gets elected just to have Hilary as prez.

On a side note Chelsea has has some major work done. She din't look half bad the last time I saw her and that's something I never thought I'd say.

that would be like handing the election back to the republicans, which is ok with me but I can't believe the Dems would seriously consider her...there are just too many skeletons in that closet, along with a couple of interns..but who knows..

National healthcare is a bad bad idea. The problem with healthcare(and I'll keep this short and limit it to the biggest problem) in this country is it involves employers and not individuals...the company doesn't consume the same services as the employees if you have an organization with operations in several states. I can only choose the plans my employer offers not the one's I want...in my opinion what needs to happen is we all get a $5000 raise or whatever the costs currently paid by our employers, then we get a tax deduction for the amount we spend on healthcare since that benefit is not taxed now, and the opportunity to shop for our own medical insurance. Physicians need to satisfy patients or we don't go back..sit in the waiting room for 2 hours past your appointment time..sorry going somewhere else...we'd actually get to price shop services because the money comes from us not our employers...we decide to keep a physician/insurance group or not based on service and price. If you introduce free market competition into health care you will see amazing improvement in services offered and a quick end to skyrocketing costs. Again this is the simple version but having spent 20yrs in the health care field the answer is to keep government as far away as possible...when the last time you saw the government do something better than private enterprise?

Hillary Clinton...bah humbug

Shoe- Agree fully on the shopping around of the healthcare. I think one of the major issues that doesn't get touched on enough is Rx coverage. Prescriptions costs are up so much it's ridiculous. Now, I'm a little torn on this since my girlfriend and I hit it from opposite sides. She works for one of the largest pharmaceutical companies and I work for a PBM. We can get into some interesting conversations but usually seperate work and our social lives. I will say that I've been on some amazing quota trips to some unbelievable locations all expenses paid. However, I'm not naive and realize where the money is coming from. I don't have the numbers in front of me but rx costs have to rise something like 300% anually. Part of the problem is how dependent we as a country are on pills to solve our problems. I think I read in one of your posts you are a pharmd so I'm sure you're fully aware of the issue. The medicare drug bill is a start but it in no way is a solution. There's my political rant for the afternoon. I have great rx coverage but I'm way in the minority.

Chainsaw,

Ah yes RX prices are and have been absurd for years. We used to build in at least 15% sales $$$ increase just because of the increase in prices. I remember the days of drug reps with full trunks of pills and other goodies to hand out. It's a shame how the system works.

Personally I love the fact that you need 2 huge billing departments, one at the clinic and one at the insurance company just to code and process claims...and I the patient get stuck in the middle with no recourse except pay the bill or go to collections..wrong wrong wrong...

I too benefit from great medical insurance but it does cost more than it needs to...this discussion can consume days...

anyway..too tired to rant anymore... :tired: