*Gold's Factory Blades and Wedges*(pics)

Blades: after talking about them for so long, the clubs are finally here. First observation is that the blades greatly resemble Tourstage X-Blades (which explains why I loved them at first sight), except for being a fraction more compact, and a fraction more rounded. They look sweet from all angles. Shafts are NS Pro 1050 stiffs - specs (5 iron) are 38", 60.5* lie, D4 (3-PW).

Wedges: These look great. Finish is darkish smoked grey. They are rounded and slightly larger. Gap is 52*/8* bounce, 35.5", D4. Lob is 58*/12* bounce, 35.25", D5. Might have the lob changed to 59*/8* bounce at a later date if I don't like the higher bounce. Been accustomed to playing low bounce in recent history.

Rather than posting all the pictures here and slowing load time, I thought it would be easier just to supply the link. The day wasn't ideal for pictures but they came out ok. Took a few side by side with the X-Blades for comparison. I haven't checked the X-Blade specs but the GF lofts appear a little stronger and a hair more offset. Other than that, very similar look.

Let me know what you guys think. Playing tomorrow so I should have a review shortly afterwards.

http://homepage.mac.com/didierli/PhotoAlbum7.html

Enjoy - I certainly will! :love:

Didier

Gold

Gold

Gold

Gold

Gold

Gold

:surprize:

Im not sure if most of you realize what Tai has got. They are not easy to get and take a while to arrive most often, but it looks like its well worth the wait. Cant wait till you hit them and can give us a review on the set.

:surprize:  

Im not sure if most of you realize what Tai has got. They are not easy to get and take a while to arrive most often, but it looks like its well worth the wait. Cant wait till you hit them and can give us a review on the set.

Thanks for doing a triage and embedding some of the pics into my post. For those who want to see all the pics, just click on the link.

Hope they play as good as they look! And the rain friggin holds off :mad:

Didier

Absolutely GORGEOUS irons, Tai! Look forward to your always informative and entertaining review. Could nirvana be close behind...haha? Thanks! :cool:

Absolutely GORGEOUS irons, Tai! Look forward to your always informative and entertaining review. Could nirvana be close behind...haha? Thanks! :cool:

"HOingitis" and Nirvana appear to be mutually exclusive states of mind :)

Chris have you played these irons? If so what are your feelings on them...very interested in getting a set.  

Also, what does it mean to be "tuned" by Gold's factory?

Never played these irons, When dealing with Gold's Factory keep in mind everything is ordered from the same place as Gauge Japan, the small differences are that Golds Factory does a lot of hand polishing and groove work himself. He is a one man army! Tuned by Golds Factory means just that the putter was tuned by Sasaya perhaps a hand polish or aluinser job or somthing else. Sasaya no longer works for Gauge Japan.

Great looking stuff and congrats hit them well. Tell us how they are when you hit them.