IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

Edited by alpha_pro

Pretty sweet set-up Alpha-Pro!

Much love for the G-Field Zone #1. How do you like the the G-Field wedge 52*? I have one on order to go with my 58*.

Thanks for sharing.

the wedge is great as you probrably know already. it pretty hard to find something else like it, plus it just looks so darn nice.

Edited by alpha_pro

:tsg_smilie_cool: Great rig!!

How's the VIQ 3 wood go for you??

thanks. and the viq wood is great, its just that those stock shafts are way to soft. it takes a really easy and smooth swing to make it work. i hopefully will be changing it out soon. i have no complaints with it though, its easy to hit and goes higher, which i tend to prefer. :tsg_smilie_smile:

have you ever hit the gfield nc1 irons? kinda wonder how they feel next to those epons. boy those looks sweet.

sorry but i have not hit those. they were a consideration when i was looking to buy some irons though. the person to ask would be chris.

Edited by alpha_pro

• 4 weeks later...

well the armrq plays alot softer than what it says on the shaft, a stiff is more like a regular. even with that, and no tipping, the thing really has a good feeling to it, not as much kick as an axiv though. i do have to say the shaft is more towrds the whippy side and the b49 is really light. it really does perform well with a smooth swing and combined with the erc hot the thing went far! it just went way too high so thats why its no longer in the bag. but if i ever got a deal on a b62 in an x i think it would be great!!! even though i think x-flex armrq are a little harder to find. and i think the armrq shaft looks awesome! the weave on the lower part of the shaft is just so nice to look at! but if i had to chose between the two i would rather have my axiv.

Edited by alpha_pro

Hey Alpha_pro

How do you like the G-Field GFT 3 wood? I sent Chris a PM about 3 woods and this is one he mentioned with high praise, especially with a PT-8 shaft. You have the PT-7, how is it for you?

i have yet to try it on a course, but my range sessions went pretty good. very solid wood with a very nice sound. face sits square and is rather easy to get off the ground. the head to me seems a bit on the heavier side. but the sound is what really makes it stand out, kinda similar to r7 steels, but better. the pt-7 is a great shaft for me with a good weight, i dont like 80+ gram shafts in any of my woods. all i got to say is the shaft is smooth. you wont be dissapointed if you ended up getting one. :tsg_smilie_cool:

the g field gft 3 wood is great, it performed for me, it seemed real easy to work and was also very long with the pt-7. however it could not knock my mizuno jpx with the tour ad m75 out of the bag. My mizuno is just so forgiving, long and easy to work and most of all it is so hot/fast of the face that i couldnt drop her.

Thanks Alpha for the comments on the ARMRQ, it does look unreal but at the end of the day it is all in its performance.

i love the axiv in the epon and am doing a DREV vs Axiv showdown very soon to compare these two.....so stay tuned lol.

ps i am liking the look of the gft wedges, they look very similar to the gauge gas1 forged......do u know if it has the same face ie the 5 grooves that are tri cut?

Thanks Alpha_pro and Plus1 for the comments. I'm glad to hear the GFT is on the heavier side as that suits my game and feel. I myself like the 80 gram shafts and its good to hear good things about the PT-7. I think I'm going to have to give this combo a look! :tsg_smilie_money3:

Looking foward to the showdown of DREV vs. Axiv. I have my own Epon coming with the Axiv-V so I'll be having a showdown between the Epon and ERC III. I think we all know though, how that might end up.

In regards to the GFT wedges, not sure if the grooves are tri-cut but they sure have tremendous feel. I'm really loving these and they're so versatile. Short game is a lot of fun right now. I know Chris could chime in here about the wedges in terms of their evolution!

:tsg_smilie_cool: :atsg_logo_anim:

yes the gft-sw is great!!! the guy who created them and grinded them to the way they are now opened a shop here in hawaii called par golf 72. he brings in all the g-field stuff. i brought all my clubs in to be adjusted by him. its great knowing the guy who designed my wedge actaully worked on my clubs! he even knows the guy who created the new epons. pretty cool!

Edited by alpha_pro

• 3 weeks later...

Someone's been very busy shopping!! :tsg_smilie_money3:

How is that G-Field 3-wood working out?? I have a 16* with the PT-8 shaft on order. I can't wait. I don't know what made me order it. I hit my current one just fine. But then, I got to reading the reviews, talked to Chris, along with my love my G-Field wedges and putter and, . . . well . . . one thing led to another and decided, what the he!!. (I also have a G-Field utility on order :tsg_smilie_whistle: :tsg_smilie_money3: )

I'll have to update my bag pics soon as well.

Alpha pro, beauty clubs and headcovers

Congrats on furthering your "HO" status!! :tsg_smilie_cool: :tsg_smilie_wink: :tsg_smiley_pinocchio:

thanks guys! :tsg_smilie_smile:

Blader-X- i really am starting to like the g-field 3 wood alot more than any other woods i have tried. i find it really easy to hit around 225-245 very accurately off the tee! off the ground is also pretty good but my accuracy goes down. it isnt as easy to hit as my ts viq though. im not a very fast swinger but the pt-7 in stiff works great for me, i think i could do a little better with something a bit softer though. i also bought a g-field utility from chris before too but i didnt find it as easy to hit as my taylormade, and thats why i stuck with the tm. the shaft stiffness also played a factor with tthat decision, the GD ut-85 stiff in the hybrid was way too stiff for me. g-field makes such great stuff and cant wait till they have their retail drivers come out!!!

yes the gft-sw is great!!! the guy who created them and grinded them to the way they are now opened a shop here in hawaii called par golf 72. he brings in all the g-field stuff. i brought all my clubs in to be adjusted by him. its great knowing the guy who designed my wedge actaully worked on my clubs! he even knows the guy who created the new epons. pretty cool!

alpha_pro could you provide additional information on the sole grinds on your Epon wedges and the benefits you have derived from the custom grinds.

Your friend at par golf 72 looks to have done a very good job with these!! :tsg_smilie_cool:

yes he has done a great job on them!! well the 52* has the heel grind and the trailing edge grind. my swing is kinda more of a sweeper styled and the trailing edge grind really helps me with that and also the heel just helps me open it up whenever needed also. the 58* has a channel style grind (p grind for titleist? or like a solus?) and a trailing edge grind along with relief in the heel and toe also. the channel helps with the versatilty of the wedge as it provides bounce when you need and when it isnt. the wedge sits wide open so easily now also. i havent had a lot of time with them yet so i havent really got to use them in many situations. hopefully soon!