New Yonex NanoV Tour Forged

gus

These look nice on the Yonex site but no specs or in hand pics; is there a lot of offset? etc...

Most of the specs are here however nothing about offset or face progression. See page 6 of the PDF.

http://www.yonex.co.jp/catalog/golf/pdf/20...lf_catalog1.pdf

Thanks Gocchin; why doe's JDM always insist on those ugly gold stipped ferrules on ever single iron; I hate those ferrules! Do you think they would build a (my) set with standard all black ferrules? The new driver looks like it has tail lights...LOL! Stay in touch with me regarding these irons; I may be in the market right now; not sure when they are available however.

Edited by BigBen

I saw Tad Fujikawa using forged iron at the sony... I believe they are hollow cavities in the iron.

• 6 months later...

I picked up a set of the Tour Forged a couple of hrs ago. Going to the range this afternoon. Will post an initial review and hopefully some pics when I get back.

Aloha

Randy

I picked up a set of the Tour Forged a couple of hrs ago. Going to the range this afternoon. Will post an initial review and hopefully some pics when I get back.

Aloha

Randy

SWEEEEEET!!!!! Can you post pics of the topline (offset) of the the PW and 5 iron maybe, that would be very cool. Also, if you hate them place me first in line to acquire them.... :tsg_smiley_secret:

Edited by BigBen

Pics will have to come tomorrow as after a range session with the irons, I went out and played 13 holes until it got to dark to see. I was having so much fun with the irons I did not want to quit.

BLUF (Bottom Line Up Front): These are one awesome set of irons. I got 3-PW with NS Pro 950 shafts.

Some of my initial thoughts after one range session and 13 holes of golf:

Feel - These are soft, but not marshmallow soft. Solid feel, but probably not as solid as Miura and a little bit different feel than EPON, Tourstage or Mizuno irons I have had. Hard to describe, but maybe something will come to me when I hit them again, which will be tomorrow.

Looks - Stunning! Pictures in Pro Shop don't do them justice. Not much offset, which I like. Almost blade like look from the top, but not a razor thin top line.

Workability - I am not an expert at working shots, but believe there are not to many shots these irons can't deliver. On the course today, I was 200 yards out and had to hit a low draw around some trees. Not a problem for the 3 iron. I was also able to hit some high cuts to pins stuck behind bunkers on the right hand side of the green and was also able to hit some nice knock down shots.

Forgiveness - Here is where I was a little surprised as they seem to have more forgiveness than I thought they would. I may have been having a really good swing day, but I found these just as easy to hit as the MP-58s.

Playability - I range between a 12 to 14 capper. From 6-pw, I was hitting nice high shots that were almost like throwing darts into the green. Didn't really have a chance to use the 3-5 much and will have to see if I can handle them consistently. I have been battling for longer that I care to think about what type of club should I be using. For my handicap, I probably should be using GI or SGI and currently have a set of 09 Raptures. Yes I hit it high and long, but with them it is like hit the ball on the green. Today when I was playing, it was like taking dead aim at the pin. Tried pure blades, but not consistently good enough, but with these irons I may just found the right set for me.

Sorry, I am now rambling, but hope you can tell that I really excited about these irons.

Again, I will try to get pictures up tomorrow.

Aloha

Randy

Pics will have to come tomorrow as after a range session with the irons, I went out and played 13 holes until it got to dark to see. I was having so much fun with the irons I did not want to quit.

BLUF (Bottom Line Up Front): These are one awesome set of irons. I got 3-PW with NS Pro 950 shafts.

Some of my initial thoughts after one range session and 13 holes of golf:

Feel - These are soft, but not marshmallow soft. Solid feel, but probably not as solid as Miura and a little bit different feel than EPON, Tourstage or Mizuno irons I have had. Hard to describe, but maybe something will come to me when I hit them again, which will be tomorrow.

Looks - Stunning! Pictures in Pro Shop don't do them justice. Not much offset, which I like. Almost blade like look from the top, but not a razor thin top line.

Workability - I am not an expert at working shots, but believe there are not to many shots these irons can't deliver. On the course today, I was 200 yards out and had to hit a low draw around some trees. Not a problem for the 3 iron. I was also able to hit some high cuts to pins stuck behind bunkers on the right hand side of the green and was also able to hit some nice knock down shots.

Forgiveness - Here is where I was a little surprised as they seem to have more forgiveness than I thought they would. I may have been having a really good swing day, but I found these just as easy to hit as the MP-58s.

Playability - I range between a 12 to 14 capper. From 6-pw, I was hitting nice high shots that were almost like throwing darts into the green. Didn't really have a chance to use the 3-5 much and will have to see if I can handle them consistently. I have been battling for longer that I care to think about what type of club should I be using. For my handicap, I probably should be using GI or SGI and currently have a set of 09 Raptures. Yes I hit it high and long, but with them it is like hit the ball on the green. Today when I was playing, it was like taking dead aim at the pin. Tried pure blades, but not consistently good enough, but with these irons I may just found the right set for me.

Sorry, I am now rambling, but hope you can tell that I really excited about these irons.

Again, I will try to get pictures up tomorrow.

Aloha

Randy

Thanks Randy,

Was waiting on your feedback!! They have my interest, having played Miura's for the last couple of years was keen to see how these compared...

Looking forward to the pics...!

I may have missed reading it someplace, but who does the forging of these irons for Yonex?

At this point the only two iron sets out there which peak my interest are these and the Yamaha Inpres Tour Forged, both appear to be SICK! Early on a set of these poped up on the bay and sold for 1K, I should have snatched them!!! I gotta see the PW first, not a fan of the profile of many JDM short irons, to chunky at the weld...BB