Ferrule Installation need help - thanks !

AKFLY

Ferrules- the taper tip ferrules I just received from Golfworks are tighter than Sh!t, and I am having a hell of a time getting them to fit. I do not have a drill bit enlarge it just a bit, the dremel heats up the ferrule too much and I really wanted to get my irons done – today.

Would acetone rubbed on the inside help?

Ferrules- the taper tip ferrules I just received from Golfworks are tighter than Sh!t, and I am having a hell of a time getting them to fit.  I do not have a drill bit enlarge it just a bit, the dremel heats up the ferrule too much and I really wanted to get my irons done – today.

...are you able to start the ferrule on the tip? you won't be able to get a .335 ferrule to start to seat to a .355 tip shaft. the best way to get a tight fitting .355 ferrule installed is soaking the ferrules in hot water whilst you get ready to build - then wipe the inside of the ferrule with epoxy which acts as a lubricant...you'll tend to f**k-up ferrules when you take drill bits to them...

e

Ferrules- the taper tip ferrules I just received from Golfworks are tighter than Sh!t, and I am having a hell of a time getting them to fit.  I do not have a drill bit enlarge it just a bit, the dremel heats up the ferrule too much and I really wanted to get my irons done – today.

...are you able to start the ferrule on the tip? you won't be able to get a .335 ferrule to start to seat to a .355 tip shaft. the best way to get a tight fitting .355 ferrule installed is soaking the ferrules in hot water whilst you get ready to build - then wipe the inside of the ferrule with epoxy which acts as a lubricant...you'll tend to f**k-up ferrules when you take drill bits to them...

e

This worked very well - even with the tight ferrules - thank you !

here is another way--take a rat tail file and make a few passes down the inside. then install ferrule with a little epoxy and using the head that goes on the shaft move the ferrule down a ways (it wont come close to seating yet) then take your heat gun on low setting and twirl the shaft keeping the ferrule about 6inches away from the heat and all the heat towards the top of the ferrule not the middle---about 6 seconds only and the head can be placed back on the shaft and seated very easily ---this way you can use tapered ferrules and they always seat tighter and youll never ever have one come loose ---as for selections of tapered ferrules there are are just as many or more than .370 and also you can almost always get OEM ferrules if you know where to look hope this helps bushkin