Aerotech shafts?

Miuramaniac

I was looking at some Yururi heads in a shop the other day and may get them. What's the word on Steelfiber shafts? I was thinking of these shafts. Been struggling with arthritis (and a torn ligament in my left wrist) and tendonitis in a finger or two. Have had surgery on two fingers already for trigger finger. Anyway, maybe these would be a little easier on the joints? Tommy Armour III was in the shop and had these in his TM TP irons. Said they play great. Lots of guys on tour are using them as well he said. He had the 110's IIRC. Probably what I'd get. Any feedback on these? Thanks for any info...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as close to steel feel as you can get with graphite and they will cut down on vibrations to help with arthritis and tendinitis. i have the i125's in stiff and they're a mid trajectory very good feeling shaft. you'll enjoy these.

I've the i95 (stiff) in play and it's absolutely wonderful So good that I'm planning to change the rest of my irons (all 6 sets of em) to this shaft over time. Matt Kucher and Brandt Snedeker is playing this exact same shaft and Snedeker just won the Fedex cup with it.

Great control and consistency, unlike other Graphite out there......!!

Too high launch for you Vincent as compare to your NS ORa.

I have been playing the i110's for years -- S flex soft-stepped once (in Bridgestone J38 DPC) as they do play stiff to flex. I put ProSoft inserts in them as well and this has helped the tendonitis in my left elbow. Even with the inserts there was no loss of feel until I tried Winn Dri Tak grips. Those killed everything so it was back to a standard multi-compound grip.

These have been as accurate as anything for me and very consistent for distance. I'm a high ball hitter and get a nice mid-high trajectory from the Aerotech's, but everybody is different. At this point it would be hard to play anything else. It would be nice if more OEM's offered them as an option. To my knowledge Titleist is the only one doing so at the moment.

I have been playing the i110's for years -- S flex soft-stepped once (in Bridgestone J38 DPC) as they do play stiff to flex. I put ProSoft inserts in them as well and this has helped the tendonitis in my left elbow. Even with the inserts there was no loss of feel until I tried Winn Dri Tak grips. Those killed everything so it was back to a standard multi-compound grip.

These have been as accurate as anything for me and very consistent for distance. I'm a high ball hitter and get a nice mid-high trajectory from the Aerotech's, but everybody is different. At this point it would be hard to play anything else. It would be nice if more OEM's offered them as an option. To my knowledge Titleist is the only one doing so at the moment.

i110s seem interesting. what is the closest steel comparison in terms of flex?

heard the i110s were the stiffest of the aerotech lineup flex for flex

I play i100 in my #6-P and i95 in my #3-#5 irons (all in stiff) and I find the i100 is similar to C-Taper in stiffness but a higher launch and better feel.

I play i100 in my #6-P and i95 in my #3-#5 irons (all in stiff) and I find the i100 is similar to C-Taper in stiffness but a higher launch and better feel.

that sounds tasty

I've played both he i95 and the i110, great shaft. They will definitley help with the tendonitis. From a launch perspective I didn't hit these significantly higher that my NS Pro 1150's. Very consistent performing shaft. Good luck with your decision.

I've played both he i95 and the i110, great shaft. They will definitley help with the tendonitis. From a launch perspective I didn't hit these significantly higher that my NS Pro 1150's. Very consistent performing shaft. Good luck with your decision.

how would you rate the i110 vs the 1150s flex wise?

i110s seem interesting. what is the closest steel comparison in terms of flex? heard the i110s were the stiffest of the aerotech lineup flex for flex

Strictly as a rough comparison, the i110 Aerotech felt (to me) stiffer than a 5.5 Project X, closer to 5.7 or 5.8 which is why I soft-stepped them. It didn't change the ball flight by any noticeable degree but the shafts felt 100% better.

The ideal thing would be to find out what CPM's suit your swing speed and have the set built off of that. I just got lucky that soft-stepping them once worked out perfect.

Tried Ed's aerotechs. The i10s feel boardy and I had to go a it to load properly

They feel stiffer than my monacos.

Now the i95 is a revelation. Wow! This will be my next shaft

I think Stew should try the i110 first before jumping into the i125

Thx for the info, guys. Gonna shaft up these Yururi Prototypes with the Aerotech 110's. Getting some Yururi Chili wedges from tsg to go with this set. 51*/9 and 57*/14. Satin finish, thin sole. Hope they're anywhere near as good as the wedges in my avatar that I've used for 3 years. They're starting to look not so good. But nuthin else has been able to kick 'em out. Will let you know how the irons and wedges work out if anyone's interested.

I think Stew should try the i110 first before jumping into the i125

i have the i125's in my af-tours and they're quite nice. i'm not as big of a hitter as stew (6iron distance is 180yds) so i'm sure he wouldn't have any problems with them.

i have the i125's in my af-tours and they're quite nice. i'm not as big of a hitter as stew (6iron distance is 180yds) so i'm sure he wouldn't have any problems with them.

Can nit imagine hitting the i125s ! The i110 felt boardy enough

How would you compare flex of Monaco s and i125?

I am in the process of ordering some i95 for a backup set. Maybe i110 for wedges

So I took them out yesterday and hit them with the 110's cut to stiff flex. Felt really boardy compared to my Miura 1957 LE's with KBS Tours in stiff. Could have been that it's been in the 90's and yesterday it was about 53* and windy. But after I went and chipped a little bit I went back to the range with my Miuras and they still felt really good. Gonna take them out Tues or Wed when it warms back up and see what happens then. Neither heads nor shafts felt particularly good, hopefully just cuz of weather.

Did you butt trim or tip trim? aerotech don't advice tip trim

Can nit imagine hitting the i125s ! The i110 felt boardy enough

How would you compare flex of Monaco s and i125?

I am in the process of ordering some i95 for a backup set. Maybe i110 for wedges

to me the i125's feel good and only slightly stiffer than the monacos...but by no means boardy. i think soft stepped they would feel really close. do you recall the weight of the monacos?

Did you butt trim or tip trim? aerotech don't advice tip trim

Not sure what he did. But the same guy shafted up Tommy Armour III's TaylorMade irons with these shafts so he'd better know what he's doing. Hopefully it was just cuz it was cold, 40-50 degrees colder than it' been since May.

to me the i125's feel good and only slightly stiffer than the monacos...but by no means boardy. i think soft stepped they would feel really close. do you recall the weight of the monacos?

monacos are 123-125. funny is the i110 of ed felt much stiffer than the monacos, maybe different load technique?

the i95s in stiff feel exactly like the monacos. very easy to load.

monacos are 123-125. funny is the i110 of ed felt much stiffer than the monacos, maybe different load technique?

the i95s in stiff feel exactly like the monacos. very easy to load.

just spent an hour with the monacos and the i125's back-to-back...which i hadn't done before. to my surprise the aerotechs felt better! :-o

Edited by chiromikey

just spent an hour with the monacos and the i125's back-to-back...which i hadn't done before. to my surprise the aerotechs felt better! :-o

course they do. so u still think the aerotechs are just a tad stiffer?