Bettinardi Tour Stock and Signature series

wmclarenf1

I have a signature 6 it's dass, I have not gamed it yet, it has to fight through 6 other tour/ custom Bettinardis. I have a BB-8 carbon with pvd finish and a fit face that's probably the best feeling of the bunch.

I have a signature 6 it's dass, I have not gamed it yet, it has to fight through 6 other tour/ custom Bettinardis. I have a BB-8 carbon with pvd finish and a fit face that's probably the best feeling of the bunch.

The fit face is the thing that caught my eye. Not much softer compared to the SS Signature series?

Gamed a Signature series #2 for quite some time.

DASS and fit face, combination that is usually reserved for their "tour" putters.

Excellent feel and quality.

Definitely would recommend.

Still have a customized tour one, but it hasn't been in the bag for a while.

Edited by JGalls

The fit face is the thing that caught my eye. Not much softer compared to the SS Signature series?

Fit face in any material is going to feel softer

The models recently listed in the proshop are all fantastic. I've had some variation of each of them under different model names and they all play REALLY well, FIT face is without a doubt one of the best milling patterns out there.

Gamed a Signature series #2 for quite some time. DASS and fit face, combination that is usually reserved for their "tour" putters. Excellent feel and quality. Definitely would recommend. Still have a customized tour one, but it hasn't been in the bag for a while.

DASS and Fit face.. that should be from the Signature series? Have read up on those and if they were 355 grams like the Tour Stock series, that would be perfect.

The models recently listed in the proshop are all fantastic. I've had some variation of each of them under different model names and they all play REALLY well, FIT face is without a doubt one of the best milling patterns out there.

Yes.. The FIT face milling looks very interesting especially with the honey comb effect underneath or at least that's what it looks like from net pics.

Mine is specially made for me usually it does not come with the fit face, plays really well and soft.

The feel of the FIT face putters is excellent, but in my opinion hot quickly it gets the ball rolling is the largest advantage. I prefer horizontal mill patterns in general as they always seem to give me the truest roll.

The feel of the FIT face putters is excellent, but in my opinion hot quickly it gets the ball rolling is the largest advantage. I prefer horizontal mill patterns in general as they always seem to give me the truest roll.

Jay,

The FT face you tried, was it SS or Carbon Steel and did you find it softer than your other putters? I know its a big question with a lot of IFs but elsewhere, an owner was saying his FIT face SS Tour felt even softer than his non-FIT face carbon Betti.

As for roll, you;re saying the horizontal mill still rolls better for you than the FIT? The FIT I think is horizontal with the honeycomb effect below. Sorry for the many questions but I have yet to see a FIT betti in the metal.

The milling pattern is ALOT more important than carbon vs. stainless as far as the feel of the putter. Yes carbon steels do tend to feel a touch softer than SS's(in general and for me personally) but an unmilled carbon steel putter will not feel anywhere near as soft as a deeply milled SS putter, soft vs. mid/crisp vs. solid/hard is also just one way to look at the feel of a putter or any club for that matter, sound plays a big part into how you come to think about the feeling of a club, in some cases a putter that sounds appealing to you will offset the fact that you may not actually enjoy the feel, also there is the way the ball comes off the face, does it feel hot off the face, does it feel dense through impact, can you feel how the ball rolls off the face, etc. all these other aspects of feel that have little or nothing to do with soft vs. solid. On top of that, feel is subjective, you can get feedback on how a putter feels to a bunch of guys on the forums and have a TOTALLY different experience yourself, you can get broad guidelines from how others perceive the feel of a club, but in the end feel more than anything varies from individual to individual.... Only way to really get dialed in to what you like and how things compare is to try them personally.... I've had DASS putters with FIT face and Carbon putters with FIT face, I noticed very little difference in feel between the two metals in the same heads with FIT face milling(bb8 for example), both got the ball rolling very well, for me its without a doubt one of the most effective milling patterns performance wise, did I find it softer than other putters, tough to say, I've had ALOT of putters, cant begin to recall all of them, but I would say the feel of putters with FIT face for me has been fairly consistent with other putters I've gamed with horizontal milling, its a soft feel, but I cant say that Ive noticed its softer than others with similar milling patterns. I just consider FIT face a horizontal milling pattern, don't know what if any affect having honeycomb milling beneath it has if anything.

The milling pattern is ALOT more important than carbon vs. stainless as far as the feel of the putter. Yes carbon steels do tend to feel a touch softer than SS's(in general and for me personally) but an unmilled carbon steel putter will not feel anywhere near as soft as a deeply milled SS putter, soft vs. mid/crisp vs. solid/hard is also just one way to look at the feel of a putter or any club for that matter, sound plays a big part into how you come to think about the feeling of a club, in some cases a putter that sounds appealing to you will offset the fact that you may not actually enjoy the feel, also there is the way the ball comes off the face, does it feel hot off the face, does it feel dense through impact, can you feel how the ball rolls off the face, etc. all these other aspects of feel that have little or nothing to do with soft vs. solid. On top of that, feel is subjective, you can get feedback on how a putter feels to a bunch of guys on the forums and have a TOTALLY different experience yourself, you can get broad guidelines from how others perceive the feel of a club, but in the end feel more than anything varies from individual to individual.... Only way to really get dialed in to what you like and how things compare is to try them personally.... I've had DASS putters with FIT face and Carbon putters with FIT face, I noticed very little difference in feel between the two metals in the same heads with FIT face milling(bb8 for example), both got the ball rolling very well, for me its without a doubt one of the most effective milling patterns performance wise, did I find it softer than other putters, tough to say, I've had ALOT of putters, cant begin to recall all of them, but I would say the feel of putters with FIT face for me has been fairly consistent with other putters I've gamed with horizontal milling, its a soft feel, but I cant say that Ive noticed its softer than others with similar milling patterns. I just consider FIT face a horizontal milling pattern, don't know what if any affect having honeycomb milling beneath it has if anything.

Thanks for the above Jay. Very informative. I was looking at a Tour Stock Fit as a stop gap while my GS is with GF and my Machine custom is still underway (just posted WIP pics in my Summer bag Change thread. Really excited about that one). Based on your feedback, I may just get one.

Edited by wmclarenf1

Highly doubt you'll be disappointed, Bettinardi's are excellent putters. Stew has the most absolutely gorgeous FIT face model I've ever seen with a ridiculous finish.

I gamed a Black Carbon with FIT face for about a year, and agree with others that it had a nice crisp feel and got the ball rolling beautifully with nice sound and very little skid. Eventually went back to my Yamada which felt less "coated" somehow. Don't know how else to describe the quality I'm talking about -- it's just different from a "raw" feel. Particularly different when moisture was present -- the FIT seemed to lose a little traction with the ball.

I gamed a Black Carbon with FIT face for about a year, and agree with others that it had a nice crisp feel and got the ball rolling beautifully with nice sound and very little skid. Eventually went back to my Yamada which felt less "coated" somehow. Don't know how else to describe the quality I'm talking about -- it's just different from a "raw" feel. Particularly different when moisture was present -- the FIT seemed to lose a little traction with the ball.

Thanks for the sharing. I;ve decided t resist a stop gap putter while I'm putter less and have started exploring a 3rd custom. Sighh... really should have stuck with my china made Yes Callie LOL

I know what you mean, there's something itchy about waiting for a custom putter to come back... <g> While I was waiting for my Yamada to come back from Gold's over the summer, I picked up a Ping Scottsdale at a local shop just to distract myself, and ended up having fun with it. I generally don't like putters with inserts, but this thing has horizontal grooves that are variable depth, and it produced a nice feel. What I also liked tinkering with (more distraction... <g>) was that it has an adjustable length shaft. Some days I played it at my usual 35", others at shorter in-betweens just to test how different length seemed to affect my putting. But then the Gold's Yamada showed up, and all distraction was wiped away... ;=]

Thanks for the sharing. I;ve decided t resist a stop gap putter while I'm putter less and have started exploring a 3rd custom. Sighh... really should have stuck with my china made Yes Callie LOL

A putter you buy now doesn't have to be a "stop gap" it can just be a nice production putter that you have, maybe something in a new or interesting shape that you wouldn't normally game, or something you absolutely love but might not putt your absolute best with, can be anything really, just because you ordered the Machine and have GF modding the GS doesn't mean they'll automatically be your gamer(s) all the time, things change all the time, your game gets hot, your game gets cold, your tastes change, you change your stroke, etc. Don't let yourself get pigeonholed into those two putters that you haven't rolled with yet especially if you see something else you like, you can always sell one of them off later if you don't want to hang onto a bunch of putters.

+1, Jay.

A putter you buy now doesn't have to be a "stop gap" it can just be a nice production putter that you have, maybe something in a new or interesting shape that you wouldn't normally game, or something you absolutely love but might not putt your absolute best with, can be anything really, just because you ordered the Machine and have GF modding the GS doesn't mean they'll automatically be your gamer(s) all the time, things change all the time, your game gets hot, your game gets cold, your tastes change, you change your stroke, etc. Don't let yourself get pigeonholed into those two putters that you haven't rolled with yet especially if you see something else you like, you can always sell one of them off later if you don't want to hang onto a bunch of putters.

I know what you mean Jay but I kinda get into these accumulation binges and then get stuck with a lot of stuff LOL.

Your point is very valid for the Machine as I have not putt with any Machine putters ever but if my GF Tuned GS doesn;t putt well, I;ll be very disappointed as that was my very reliable and consistent gamer and sending it in to GF is supposed to add and not subtract.

The GF mods WILL improve your putter, I've yet to hear anyone say they regret sending a putter into Gold's. I always enjoy having a lot of gear and many choices on any given day, so for me, the more gear I accumulate the happier I am, not everyone feels that way, a lot of guys like to keep a more reasonable amount of stuff. It's always nice to have something different though for when things either aren't going well or you just feel the need for a change, if you don't want to keep a huge stockpile of gear on hand and are still thinking of getting another putter then I would definitely suggest trying out a different shape then what you already have so it serves a purpose to hang on to, maybe a small mallet like one of the Betti Tour Stock 2's in the pro shop, or a classic blade like the Epon Zen or Yamada Razor.

The GF mods WILL improve your putter, I've yet to hear anyone say they regret sending a putter into Gold's. I always enjoy having a lot of gear and many choices on any given day, so for me, the more gear I accumulate the happier I am, not everyone feels that way, a lot of guys like to keep a more reasonable amount of stuff. It's always nice to have something different though for when things either aren't going well or you just feel the need for a change, if you don't want to keep a huge stockpile of gear on hand and are still thinking of getting another putter then I would definitely suggest trying out a different shape then what you already have so it serves a purpose to hang on to, maybe a small mallet like one of the Betti Tour Stock 2's in the pro shop, or a classic blade like the Epon Zen or Yamada Razor.

Jay,

I've taken you up on your suggestion to try something different. Head shape at least but I'm sticking with a PN :-). Have started talks with Byron or one of his sales guys on this but we'll have to see how things go as I'd much like to get Byron's feedback on some thoughts I have but he's not as readily available as say Slighter or Billings which is a waste as that is part f the process which I really enjoy and learn from. I guess I can;t blame Byron as business is good for him and it's part of growing.