Miura Giken CB 1007 Y grind

mygreenaliem

I've got a set. Tremendously solid feeling. One thing I had to get used to is the COG is more heel side than most CB's. I found out on the MG site, after I translated the page, that they removed some weight from the toe to shift the sweet spot in some. I didn't know at first and couldn't hit them solid as often as usual. After learning, it took a while to focus on trying to hit closer to the heel. Only about 1/4-1/2", but it does make a difference if your normal miss is a slight toe. But the sole grind is much better than some other Miuras, no digging as they've given some leading edge relief.

Nice strong ball flight, solid Miura feel, great looks, compact head.. Not overly forgiving, only slightly more than their blades.

I've been wanting to give these a shot. Had the CB-1006's and really liked them.

Being my misses are towards the toe, guess these are officially removed from the short list of

current irons available.

2014 Yamaha CB's are looking better and better.....

I've got a set. Tremendously solid feeling. One thing I had to get used to is the COG is more heel side than most CB's. I found out on the MG site, after I translated the page, that they removed some weight from the toe to shift the sweet spot in some. I didn't know at first and couldn't hit them solid as often as usual. After learning, it took a while to focus on trying to hit closer to the heel. Only about 1/4-1/2", but it does make a difference if your normal miss is a slight toe. But the sole grind is much better than some other Miuras, no digging as they've given some leading edge relief.

Nice strong ball flight, solid Miura feel, great looks, compact head.. Not overly forgiving, only slightly more than their blades.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Interesting about hitting closer to the heel. Good news to read about no digging in. Think i'll order a set.

I have a black one on order and am looking forward to trying it, as my CB-301's are finally starting to wear. And as my miss is actually toward the heel, I'm looking forward to it now even more... Really like the Y-grind wedges, too, so that also gives me reason for interest.

• 2 months later...