Anyone seen the Sweet 16 TV series?

This is recockulous!

I turned MTV on for the first time in a while and found a TV show called "Sweet 16". Basically they've taking the super rich 15 year olds of LA and NY and taped their 16th birthday parties.

Their parties are ridiculous. The first one I saw was understandable. She got a Range for her 16th. Her party was full of adults and was at an upscale hotel. She was carried into the party on like a queen. He father claims he spent 200k on her birthday. I thought that was insane until I saw the next one. It was the birthday party for the son of some Designer and Club owner. He threw a party that cost 400k including contracting dancers from a Puff Daddy video.

They hinted at another episode where 2 girls combined their birthday bash and rented out the entire Hollywood Hard Rock Cafe, including their club.

These kids are insane and their parents need to get a grip. I'm sure that MTV video tapping it adds to the whole effect, and you're going to make it bigger and better then if they weren't, but still.

Their parents should and put in concentration camps. If you want an off the hook party for you son or daughter, spend 30k.. Then if you feel you need to spend another 150k just for kick, build an entire village in a 3rd world country.

Chris

dude I watched that once, my roommates (3 women) were watching it and I was out voted. I wanted to puke after watching that. No wonder the rest of the world hates the US!

I saw the one with the kid "Hart" and his "I'm too busy trying to get laid by girls half my age so I'll spend lost of money on my son to make him feel loved." The kid had to buy these girls clothes so that they would show up... TOOL!!

I remember my 16th birthday...

Location - Church Rec Hall-Free

DJ - AV crew from school - free

F&B - A few cases of soda, pizza, and cake - minimal

Tons of fun...

Thank goodness I got to grow up without too much money around, because I got to learn how to have fun with just about nothing.

My fear is for you parents out there with daughters 14-15, after watching that you know what you can expect...

You know I learned something interesting the other day

MTV refused to play music videos by black artists, company policy, until Michael Jackson. FACT.

-Think about that the next time you are channel surfing.

dude I watched that once, my roommates (3 women) were watching it and I was out voted. I wanted to puke after watching that. No wonder the rest of the world hates the US!  

I saw the one with the kid "Hart" and his "I'm too busy trying to get laid by girls half my age so I'll spend lost of money on my son to make him feel loved."  The kid had to buy these girls clothes so that they would show up... TOOL!!

I remember my 16th birthday...  

Location - Church Rec Hall-Free

DJ - AV crew from school - free

F&B - A few cases of soda, pizza, and cake - minimal

Tons of fun...

Thank goodness I got to grow up without too much money around, because I got to learn how to have fun with just about nothing.

My fear is for you parents out there with daughters 14-15, after watching that you know what you can expect...

You know I learned something interesting the other day

MTV refused to play music videos by black artists, company policy, until Michael Jackson.  FACT.  

-Think about that the next time you are channel surfing.

That was the one I saw. It was insane.

When I saw his dad run off crying, it made a lot of sense. His dad did act 1/2 his age. That poor kid better hope his dad has a lot of money saved away for him, or else he's going to go into shock the first time he has to earn something on his own.

Haha, buying the girls clothes to come to the party was the best part. "I'll give you an outfit if you come to my party". The kid made mention to being a golfer. I hope he check these boards cause that is one person I would like to flame.

I was extremely lucky to spend my 16th birthday in Costa Rica. My mom was working for an airlines at the time and we were able to fly over there for 35 dollars each way. Her job also got us a very nice deal at a resort there in Costa Rica. I went with my family and one of my best friends. The trip couldnt of cost us more then $1500, and I felt spoilted. That to me was too much on a birthday. 400k on a 16th birthday is simple retarded.

Chris

Well.. Yet another disgusting show on tonight. I guess this was a new one for this week. The party cost them 450k. The 2 girls that rented out the hard rock were there. I'm sure MTV just visited the richest highschool in CA and said, "Want to be on MTV?"..

450k?!?! WTF?! Thats like Ophra or P-diddy size budgets. The difference with their parties is they're for marketing write offs. When P-diddy spent a million on his last b-day party I'm sure he sold 2 million in records because of it.

These girls just put a big hole in their dads bank account.

I wonder if MTV supplements the parents for some of the expense.

Chris

When I see the amount of cash they dump on these BRATS it makes me think one thing "That's f'd up".

I don't know who to slap first, the "My sh1t don't stink" parents or the "you are so beneath me" punk azz kids!!

Throwing 400k down the pipe for a B-day party is rahhhhhhdiculous.

I will try an give my kids the world but, intentionaly putting your kids on and ego filled, money driven, attention demanding binge is bewildering and not a good position to leave them in just as they start adulthood.

Respect will not come easy if everything is handed to you without earning it, I now you want the best for you children but this is not the way to do it!

Hasn't enough money been dropped to upgrade the A's to D's for a "15" year old.

Actually, dump all the cash you want on a Birthday party, just have the balls to stand up to your immature 15 year old daughter when she drops a major guilt trip on you for not shelling out 5K+ for a new rack or flashing extreme amount of green so your son can think he is P Diddy.

Spend the change on getting the kid to a dermatologist or a Shrink!

This is recockulous!

I turned MTV on for the first time in a while and found a TV show called "Sweet 16". Basically they've taking the super rich 15 year olds of LA and NY and taped their 16th birthday parties.

Their parties are ridiculous. The first one I saw was understandable. She got a Range for her 16th. Her party was full of adults and was at an upscale hotel. She was carried into the party on like a queen. He father claims he spent 200k on her birthday. I thought that was insane until I saw the next one. It was the birthday party for the son of some Designer and Club owner. He threw a party that cost 400k including contracting dancers from a Puff Daddy video.

They hinted at another episode where 2 girls combined their birthday bash and rented out the entire Hollywood Hard Rock Cafe, including their club.  

These kids are insane and their parents need to get a grip. I'm sure that MTV video tapping it adds to the whole effect, and you're going to make it bigger and better then if they weren't, but still.  

Their parents should and put in concentration camps. If you want an off the hook party for you son or daughter, spend 30k.. Then if you feel you need to spend another 150k just for kick, build an entire village in a 3rd world country.

Chris

if thats their 16th birthday i cant imagin their 19th. 16th birthday isnt a big deal.only thing u can do is get a license. not an adult until 19 here. thats when everything is legal. mine is july 4, 2006.thats when the party begins for me

This is recockulous!

Chris

if thats their 16th birthday i cant imagin their 19th. 16th birthday isnt a big deal.only thing u can do is get a license. not an adult until 19 here. thats when everything is legal. mine is july 4, 2006.thats when the party begins for me

well in the states its 21, but party usually consists of a bunch of your friends taking you out to a bunch of random bars and a bunch of random people buying you random shots. The night ends witht eh birthday person puking in several random locations. Its all very random and very free for the birthdayer

This is recockulous!

Chris

well in the states its 21, but party usually consists of a bunch of your friends taking you out to a bunch of random bars and a bunch of random people buying you random shots. The night ends witht eh birthday person puking in several random locations. Its all very random and very free for the birthdayer

i like the way u put it.lol. random things happening in random places.