Need shaft help Fujikura SKW? High end GD?

I just got a new TM 580XD TP 9.5* with an Aldila NV 75-S. I have allways played a heavy shaft in my driver (Pro95 or NV-105) this was in retail heads and my 300 tour.

This club is 44 1/4" and SW is D-3 with a tour velvet grip. This head is heavy. I also hit it a lot lower than I expected. Lower than a 510TP with an NV 105-X.

Now I have a lot more shaft options. I want the driver to play at 44" or so.

The Pro95-X fits me so well I was looking at the Fujikura SKW. Anyone have any experience with this shaft? Also would the Pro80 be an option? I may try a Speeder 869 but have been told its more of a FW shaft.

I haven't used any high end GD shafts but would be willing to give them a shot.

Thanks for all the help.

I just got a new TM 580XD TP 9.5* with an Aldila NV 75-S.  I have allways played a heavy shaft in my driver (Pro95 or NV-105) this was in retail heads and my 300 tour.  

This club is 44 1/4" and SW is D-3 with a tour velvet grip.  This head is heavy.  I also hit it a lot lower than I expected.  Lower than a 510TP with an NV 105-X.

Now I have a lot more shaft options.  I want the driver to play at 44" or so.  

The Pro95-X fits me so well I was looking at the Fujikura SKW.  Anyone have any experience with this shaft?  Also would the Pro80 be an option? I may try a Speeder 869 but have been told its more of a FW shaft.

I haven't used any high end GD shafts but would be willing to give them a shot.

Thanks for all the help.

If you hit it a lot lower , Why do you want to pick SKW? and If you said you always like heavy shaft, why SKW? This shaft hits the ball lower and only 75 grams.

Start thinking TW84, Pro 80 ( not bad ), Tour AD M85, Those are some of the 80's gram shaft. HM4 is in the 105 gram if i'm not wrong. Understanding what type of a swinger and game you have is important for me to be able to recommend you, Is it the shaft or the loft that you have to change or both.

Joe :cool:

[email protected]

I hit the club a lot lower than I expected (not a lot lower than the 510TP). It is an ok ball flight but, I wouldn't want it much lower. I always thought I should have gone with the 8.5* in the 510. So this is right about there.

I was looking at 70g shafts because I like the way the club feels now and want to play it at 44" or so. If I go back to a 90-100g shaft I'll have to go shorter. I don't think I need to go heavy.

I was looking at the SKW because the little fuji bend chart on the shaft looks like the Pro95 (SKW BT-35). I hit the Pro95 better than any shaft I've used so far. I thought it would play like a lighter Pro95.

My SS is about 112 with a 43 1/2" driver. My tempo is a little on the quick side. I lag the club a lot. Not Sergio but still more than most. When I miss its to the left. I HATE hitting the ball left. I'm just getting back into golf so Im not hitting it that well. I've been scratch but was playing to a 2.2 last summer.

Thanks for all the help

Kyle

Would the SKW feel like a Pro95?  If the trajectory is a little lower thats fine.  I haven't liked the speeder shafts as much (only played the 757 and 661, 869 in 5-wood).  I might just try a Pro-80.
I don't think so IMO!!!

Pro 80 is a pretty good choice to if you want to to a low 80's.

Just let me know if i can assist you on any of this shaft.

Joe

[email protected]