Bridgestone Golf B330

hornyjuan

Met a couple of Bridgestone employees over the weekend that were guests at my hotel. Among them was I guess the NA Bridgestone golf distributor who only spoke Japanese (very hard time trying to communicate with him. Only understood that Maruyama was his close friend and he wondered how I got a set of his wedges :laugh: thanks Chris) and also got to meet the designer of the Tourstage X-Blade.

I asked what new developments Bridgestone golf was having and he told me the same stuff that I already knew...J33 driver, irons etc. Didn't really get a chance to chat with him as I had to catch a flight. The one thing that surprised me was I asked him to compare Tourstage Japan with Bridgestone golf and he said that Bridgestone golf was an even better product because it caters to the tour players and all the products have the tour player's input (kind of like TM TP vs TM). Take it for what it's worth. All the guys from Bridgestone were great people and I'll definetly try to have him hook me up with some demo clubs :laugh: Got some B330 proto balls (although they aren't protos anymore)

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

The Bridgestone B330 is an outstanding golf ball. It has replaced both the ProV1X and the Cally HX Tour as my ball of choice for this year.

The ball is very long, great in the wind, and has good feel around the greens. Bridgestone has a clear winner with this ball.

I read today (may be old news) that Bridgestone is battling with Titleist (Acushnet) over patents. There weren't many details except they had been trying to settle out of court, but now Bridgestone has filed suit naming multiple patents. It basically is about the Bridgestone ball (I assume B330) and the Pro V. Interesting. I recently got a dozen, but don't leave for AZ until late next week. Until then it's all NJ s**t weather. :sad:

I look forward to trying. Also trying the one Black and U-Tri Tour.

-JS

The Bridgestone B330 is an outstanding golf ball.  It has replaced both the ProV1X and the Cally HX Tour as my ball of choice for this year.

The ball is very long, great in the wind, and has good feel around the greens.  Bridgestone has a clear winner with this ball.

This is nice to hear. I currently play the X and the Black. I just picked up a dozen of the BS to try out, but haven't had a chance to play them yet.

It has to do with Acushnet infinging on one or more of Bridgestones patents. :mad:

BRIDGESTONE SPORTS INITIATES PATENT INFRINGEMENT ACTION AGAINST THE ACUSHNET COMPANY

Titleist’s Leading Golf Balls Allegedly Infringe Upon

Several Bridgestone-owned U.S. Patents

Covington, GA, – On March 7, 2005, Bridgestone Sports Co., Ltd., and its wholly owned subsidiary, Bridgestone Golf, Inc., filed a patent infringement lawsuit against the Acushnet Company in the United States District Court for the District of Delaware. Bridgestone Sports is currently the leading golf ball manufacturer in Japan with a 40% share of that market, and Acushnet remains the leader in the U.S. golf ball market.

In the complaint, Bridgestone Sports charges Acushnet with willful infringement of ten United States patents from Bridgestone Sports’ extensive patent portfolio covering multi-piece solid core golf ball technology. Among the Acushnet balls charged with infringement are: Titleist® Pro V1TM, the Titleist® Pro V1xTM, the Titleist® NXTTM, Titleist® NXT Tour, the Titleist® DT SoLo, and the Pinnacle® ExceptionTM golf balls.

Bridgestone Sports is seeking an injunction against Acushnet from infringing upon the company’s patents and for unspecified compensation for damages that have occurred as a result of past infringement. In addition, Bridgestone Sports seeks a declaratory judgment of non-infringement with respect to four United States patents owned by Acushnet.

“During the course of several months of negotiations with Acushnet, we attempted to settle this dispute; however, when negotiations failed, Acushnet left us with no other course of action, but to file suit,” said Mr. Kawano, President, Bridgestone Sports Co., Ltd. “We remain hopeful that this matter can be settled, but in the meantime, we must protect our intellectual property rights. We will do so passionately and we are committed to see this matter to the end, in order to properly remedy the infringement.”

Bridgestone Sports, together with its U.S. subsidiary, Bridgestone Golf, Inc., located in Covington, Georgia, develops, manufactures and sells premium golf products, including Bridgestone GolfTM, Precept® and TourStage® golf balls. Bridgestone is represented on a world stage by a number of internationally famed golfers including, Stuart Appleby, Shigeki Maruyama and Nick Price. Bridgestone Golf, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bridgestone Sports Co. Ltd., whose headquarters are in Tokyo. For more information visit http://www.bridgestonegolf.com.