HELP! BEFORE I MAKE A MISTAKE

mwmilk

I AM CURRENTLY PLAYING A PENLEY TOUR X IN MY 983E. I AM THINKING ABOUT TRYING A FUJI 660TR IN THIS CLUB IN AN X FLEX. I AM WONDERING(SCARED) IF THE FUJI WILL PLAY STIFFER THAN THE PENLEY. RIGHT NOW THE PENLEY IS NOT INSERTED FULL BORE, JUST 2 INCHES. I DONT WANT TO WASTE MY MONEY ON A FUJI THAT WILL NOT WORK FOR ME, SO PLEASE HELP!

p.s i do not plan to install the fuji full bore either. ( thanks bud, i should have include thisimportant info)

not sure, but you must account in whatever you do, that your shaft that is not comepletely bore, will not play as strong as something that would be bore...joe or anyone of the other masters on here could help you with the details better than i, just wanted to give you the heads up...

I AM CURRENTLY PLAYING A PENLEY TOUR X IN MY 983E. I AM THINKING ABOUT TRYING A FUJI 660TR IN THIS CLUB IN AN X FLEX. I AM WONDERING(SCARED) IF THE FUJI WILL PLAY STIFFER THAN THE PENLEY. RIGHT NOW THE PENLEY IS NOT INSERTED FULL BORE, JUST 2 INCHES. I DONT WANT TO WASTE MY MONEY ON A FUJI THAT WILL NOT WORK FOR ME, SO PLEASE HELP!

p.s i do not plan to install the fuji full bore either. ( thanks bud, i should have include thisimportant info)

What is your swing speed?

It will play slightly stiffer compare to your penley tour light (is this the shaft you are having now? ), Plus 660 is a slightly heavier shaft which should become another factor to sligthly slower your swing speed. But if you end up w/ a straighter shot and better tempo, you'll probably end up longer.

2" insertion is not gonna hurt the strenght if you are using a proper epoxy and preparation.

I have the shipment coming soon if you need one!

THX!

Joe :cool: