ACCRA.........whats the story?

plus1

hey guys jus been reading up on these accra shafts and they sound very good. very low torque......so hopefully ball go straight!

just wanting to know who has tried one and how it compares to say a 757 speeder or the equiv mitzi, graphite design etc

I have an SC75 stiff installed in my 510TP. Tighter shaft by far than the 757 that came with the TP. To me a flatter trajectory with equal carry - don't know about total distance as the fairways are saturated yet in MN.

You can contact Chip at chipnputt.com for specific questions.

John

I have the SE 80 M4 tipped 1.25" it is a much stouter shaft than the 757 and IMO a much better shaft the combined an active tip with a 1.5* torque anyway it is one of the best shafts for my swing I have ever hit. WARNING hit these shafts before you buy one, some of my friends who are accomplished golfers did not like the SE 80 because they could not get it to kick correctly (not enough body in their swings) this is definitly a better players shaft you need to have very solid impact with the ball and an aggresive full body swing its not for everybody.

DA

The ACCRA's don't really play true to their torque ratings. I've played the sc75/85 and T70 and both are very easy to hit as far as turning the club head over. Don't be scared off by the low torque numbers, they really aren't that bad. I've heard though that the SE80 plays truer to its torque rating so don't get lazy with the finish and make sure to finish your swing your you'll be in slice city.

The T70 hits higher than the sc75 and is also ALOT easier to hit. SC75 gives a nice trajectory feels pretty good but the t70 is flat out easy to hit. My only gripe with the t70 is the trajectory as it was way too high for me.

I have to agree with most of the posts above, these are the BEST shafts i have ever put in my clubs. I have the Accra SC 65X in my R7 and the Accra SC 75X in my Sonartec SS-03. These shafts are unbelievable at tightening your dispersion. I can swing easy and play a cut or rip at it with a draw, but i am talking that if i do miss a fairway it is by a few yards, not like some of the other high end shafts that are prone to a snap hook or a banana. These shafts are the real deal and are the best shafts that i have ever used.

hey guys jus been reading up on these accra shafts and they sound very good. very low torque......so hopefully ball go straight!

just wanting to know who has tried one and how it compares to say a 757 speeder or the equiv mitzi, graphite design etc

i used a accra last year, forgot which model. anyways i had been using a speeder 757 xs for the last 2 years at the time as i love the feel of the boardy stiff fuji with my swing speed (120+) & the speeder has everything i looked for, low torque, high kick, 70-80grams. the accra i had matched up in specs similar to that of the speeder. the accra was a good shaft but i found it to be a little whippy & didnt like how my ball balloned with it, the tip felt a bit week to me, IMO. so i had it tipped 1 1/2 inchs & it somewhat took care of the problem as the speeder worked much better for ME. i didnt get the feel with the shaft that i could set up & just step on one off the tee which i didnt like & got me to try to steer the ball at which time i went back with what i liked. when id step on one off the tee i could feel the club head lagging back a ton which proved to be correct as i jumped on a launch monitor a week later. all in all a good shaft, if you dont swing as hard as me, IMO give it a go. i just need a shaft thats like a tree trunk so it doesnt have a whippy feel to me.

i used a accra last year, forgot which model. anyways i had been using a speeder 757 xs for the last 2 years at the time as i love the feel of the boardy stiff fuji with my swing speed (120+) & the speeder has everything i looked for, low torque, high kick, 70-80grams. the accra i had matched up in specs similar to that of the speeder. the accra was a good shaft but i found it to be a little whippy & didnt like how my ball balloned with it, the tip felt a bit week to me, IMO. so i had it tipped 1 1/2 inchs & it somewhat took care of the problem as the speeder worked much better for ME. i didnt get the feel with the shaft that i could set up & just step on one off the tee which i didnt like & got me to try to steer the ball at which time i went back with what i liked. when id step on one off the tee i could feel the club head lagging back a ton which proved to be correct as i jumped on a launch monitor a week later. all in all a good shaft, if you dont swing as hard as me, IMO give it a go. i just need a shaft thats like a tree trunk so it doesnt have a whippy feel to me.

Try an SE, I guarantee that you won't find it too soft. I can tell you lots of players with swing speeds higher than 120 have hit this shaft and not found it too soft. That includes some of the BEST players in the world. :whistle:

I have an SC75 stiff installed in my 510TP.  Tighter shaft by far than the 757 that came with the TP.  To me a flatter trajectory with equal carry - don't know about total distance as the fairways are saturated yet in MN.

You can contact Chip at chipnputt.com for specific questions.

John

I also think that the SC75 is for stronger players than a 757. Maybe the SC65 is the closest to 757 but with less weight for more club head speed and responsive tip.

I have the T70 in both driver and 3 wood....best shafts I think I've played....like much more than the 757. I dont seem to be able to get as much spin out of them, (they are both tipped though...) and dont balloon in the least. The harder I swing the nicer the trajectory....high, flat....and GOES...especially in the 3 wood.