so i come home from practicing after work and i cook my girlfriend dinner. we eat, i throw the dishes in the dishwasher and we head downstairs to my recroom to take a nap.

about 20 minutes later, i wake up to get some water. i run upstairs to get some and find the kitchen filled with smoke, and the smoke alarm just started going off.

i run downstairs and hit the breaker for the dishwasher and it calmed down...aired out the kitchen, still smells a tad like burnt plastic.

its a kitchen-aid, and my house is only a year old and the wiring is spot on good....anyone else have any problems with kitchen-aid stuff or experience with their customer service? i have a feeling this is going to be a fun time sorting this s**t out. :mad:

Listen, I'm wit da Italian Mob and we don't like dishwashers all that muccchh. Give me the adress of da guy that sold it to ya, we'll take care of it. Nah!!! I'm just joking, but you probebly knew that. But seriously, I've never heard of that happenning, ever, in my life. Are you sure that what you had put you dishes in was actually a dishwasher. Sounds like someone may have bugged it and turned it into, like, a bomb or something. Just one quick question: When you bought it, was there anybody in the store that was your mortal enemy? And if so, were they the ones that sold it to you?

Take it back right away, and never look at Kitchen-aid again.

lol, i dont think i have any enemies, at least not since high school...and we just fought and got it over with then. hes probably still a pussy.

i should throw it in the back of a truck and show up at the store with it and bring it in and be like "here"

If i had a bad dishwasher, yeah, i would do that. Just go up and tell them to put their head on straight and learn how to make a dishwasher. But i never use the dishwasher that i have because i don't have that much to clean. I just do it by hand. Though i've had plenty a run-in with posesed electronics. Once, i had a toaster that bit me. So what do i do? Bite it back, of course.