wrist cock?

jerry1967

keep your left arm dead straight and take the club very inside. Now cock your wrists until the shaft is parallel. That should sho you. Get the shaft as far away from your neck as possible. You don't have to do this on the swing, but it'll show you the wrist cock

how does one only cock the left wrist and only bend the right wrist back?
By doing just that. Put your left arm in front of you with the palm facing away from the target in the thumb up postion . Now move the thumb towards your nose by moving the hand at the wrist in a vertical way. That is your left wrist cock. Now place the right arm in front of you with the palm facing the target and bend it back in a horizontal way . That is your right wrist bend.

http://www.lynnblakegolf.com/Video/Chapter..._3_TT_Hands.wmv

• 4 months later...
this is physicaly impossible to do what you just explained-one hand can not go one way and the other go the other way.

Not at all; it's what I do. One way to do it is to push down with the last two fingers of the left hand while pulling up and back toward the right forearm with the middle two fingers of the right hand. See John Schlee's "Maximum Golf", Phil Rodgers' "Play Lower Handicap Golf" or this article http://www.manzellagolfforum.com/forum/top...sp?TOPIC_ID=222. BTW, all three authors recommend a weak left hand grip, a la Hogan.

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
i just read a teacher saying the right wrist cocks up and down. i guess he was wrong. you are saying horizontal right? pull down on the last two fingers of the left hand is this right? at the same time pull back with the two middle fingers of the right hand?

Yes, he is wrong.

Think this: "The left wrist is flat; the right wrist is bent."

The left wrist is the only one that truly cocks. The right wrist bends more or less backwards. If you want to improve your ball striking, among other things, try to keep your right wrist bent, or your left wrist flat, through impact.

Yes, he is wrong.

Think this: "The left wrist is flat; the right wrist is bent."

The left wrist is the only one that truly cocks. The right wrist bends more or less backwards. If you want to improve your ball striking, among other things, try to keep your right wrist bent, or your left wrist flat, through impact.

I believe all of the above is correct - the key element is at first having a CORRECT grip.