3 wood shaft help

golfernut78

i'm currently playing a nike t-40 tour 3 wood with a rifle 6.0 steel shaft. driver swing speed 105.

i am considering going with graphite, something lighter than the steel, but not too light, something in the 85 - 105 gram range. i would like something with a mid kick. i want to keep the ball down out of the wind, but high enough to land on greens and hold them. i figure a mid kick would do this. i am looking at aldila nv-95 and 105.

i've mad corrections in my swing and the changes have brought consitentcy and power to my swing, but i am now ballooning the 3 wood.

as a background, i am using the aldila nv-75 in my nike ignite 410 and love it.

i'm currently playing a nike t-40 tour 3 wood with a rifle 6.0 steel shaft. driver swing speed 105.

i am considering going with graphite, something lighter than the steel, but not too light, something in the 85 - 105 gram range. i would like something with a mid kick. i want to keep the ball down out of the wind, but high enough to land on greens and hold them. i figure a mid kick would do this. i am looking at aldila nv-95 and 105.

i've mad corrections in my swing and the changes have brought consitentcy and power to my swing, but i am now ballooning the 3 wood.

I had the NV 95 in a 5 wood and it was killer, and I think the 95 would be a great compliment to the NV 75 in the driver. I assume you are playing S in the NV as that flex seems perfect for you.

Of course, I'd like to use the Jedi mind trick and talk you into using the NSPRO 95g steel fairway as it would give you what you want, but it's very hard to argue against any of Aldila's fine shafts - particularly their heavyweight shafts. :tsg_smilie_cool:

I had the NV 95 in a 5 wood and it was killer, and I think the 95 would be a great compliment to the NV 75 in the driver. I assume you are playing S in the NV as that flex seems perfect for you.

Of course, I'd like to use the Jedi mind trick and talk you into using the NSPRO 95g steel fairway as it would give you what you want, but it's very hard to argue against any of Aldila's fine shafts - particularly their heavyweight shafts. :tsg_smilie_cool:

correct, i am susing the stiff flex in my driver. i am serious about the aldilas.

where can i get more information on NSPRO 95? i tried searching the web and i can only find it as an iron shaft.

i had not considered steel again. i originally bought the woods (bought a +3, 3, 4, 5 nike t-40 tour) all with steel shafts, the nike speedstep, which i understand is the tt tx-90. i just did not like these shafts. this has me hesitant about light weight steel shafts.

where can i get more information on NSPRO 95? i tried searching the web and i can only find it as an iron shaft.

I had luck doing a google search using the term ns pro.

If you are already balooning your shot w/ Rifle 6.0 which is a mid kick - mid high kick shaft, Why would you want to have another mid kick shaft out of a graphite or light weight steel shaft.

You need to at least to a mid high - high kick point shaft to reduce your chances to baloon it, you might want to even consider a lower torque shaft to.

joe

Edited by joey3108

If you are already balooning your shot w/ Rifle 6.0 which is a mid kick - mid high kick shaft, Why would you want to have another mid kick shaft out of a graphite or light weight steel shaft.

You need to at least to a mid high - high kick point shaft to reduce your chances to baloon it, you might want to even consider a lower torque shaft to.

joe

well, it starts low, then balloons. i was thinking that was more a problem of too low a trajectory, compounded with too much spin on the ball (the ballooning). if i'm wrong in this assumption, let me know. i want to be able to use my 3 wood more. right now all i can do is take it off the tee box.

Try the Graphit Design M75 Tour AD - i recently got this in my three wood and i can say the performance is outstanding. it mid/higher kick keeps the ball down, instead of creating the staircase flight! its a very solid feeling shaft however with more than enough feel. I have found it very versatile so far....ie i can work the ball easily with it. Not to mention its so purdy! :tsg_smilie_cool: