raw wedge heads

Guest rbogs

I would like to make an attempt to grind my own wedges from raw forgings. Only problem is - I can't find any. Does anybody know of company that specializes in custom wedges that would be willing to sell un-grinded, raw wedge heads? Thanks.

Ron

I would like to make an attempt to grind my own wedges from raw forgings. Only problem is - I can't find any. Does anybody know of company that specializes in custom wedges that would be willing to sell un-grinded, raw wedge heads? Thanks.

Ron

callaway wedges have blank soles and are made with a lot of bounce, meant to be ground

• 1 month later...

Ron

You need to talk to Ari from scratch. i'm sure he would be able to accomodate you in some way, shape or form.

I am not so sure on that one. Ari is one of the most gracious & well-intentioned people on the planet but letting raw heads out is not about being nice. There is a danger of the raw forging being passed off as a Scratch wedge with sub-standard grinding (no offence intended) & he could also be under some kinda contractual constraint in the sense that Scratch are the only company that can use Ishihara heads (We saw problems with Miura/Blade before)

But if its at all possible I am sure Ari would help, personally Id buy a few old beat up wedges to practise on. No sense using a world class forging as a Guinea pig...