axiv 7568/72 vs. gd m75x

NaisuShotto

hey, i have the 7572. I love this shaft. I used to have the 405 with a m-65 <x> in it, but couldn't hit it all that great. Replaced it with the 7572, and now i can bomb it. I would say that it's not as whippy as normal japanese shafts, and plays pretty true to flex. I tried the 7568 in a 460 comp, but felt it was a little less stiff than the 7572. It depends what you want. A shaft that you can swing hard with (72) or one that you don't have to as much. Nevertheless the Axiv is my favorite shaft along with the M-75, which i prefer in a 3 wood. Personally i like it better than the rombax, diamana (which i like in a hybrid), and the m-65/pt-6. ope this helps.

hey, i have the 7572. I love this shaft. I used to have the 405 with a m-65 <x> in it, but couldn't hit it all that great. Replaced it with the 7572, and now i can bomb it. I would say that it's not as whippy as normal japanese shafts, and plays pretty true to flex. I tried the 7568 in a 460 comp, but felt it was a little less stiff than the 7572. It depends what you want. A shaft that you can swing hard with (72) or one that you don't have to as much. Nevertheless the Axiv is my favorite shaft along with the M-75, which i prefer in a 3 wood. Personally i like it better than the rombax, diamana (which i like in a hybrid), and the m-65/pt-6. ope this helps.

the m-65 just doesn't feel right for some reason. thought it'd be great in the driver. would you say the 7572 plays to the same flex as the m75x? btw - how's the 1150x flex wise? looking at a set as well.

thanks mr. zodia! exactly the advice i'm looking for.

Edited by NaisuShotto

i highly suggest that you get the Axiv. It's a very responsive shaft with optimal performance. Go for the 7572, play it lttle longer so that it's not as stiff and if it's too whipy just trim some off. just my two cents.