Best combo w /MR23 Blade?

hudson77

Dear TSGer... :tsg_smiley_homer:

I'm maybe one of TourStage demon in Korea. A few weeks ago, i purchased one set of MR23 US SPEC Blade(Head only). Usually, i accustomed to DG S300/S200. But, now i would like to take paradigm shift in terms of iron shaft. Actually, X-Blade CB 2 with M266V stiff is sitting in my bag now. Even though it is good, i always dreamed of blade iron. That is the reason i bought back up blade.

In terms of shaft, i would like to ask some comments from MR 23 Blade users.

Usually, i hit 7 iron around 175yrd. SS of my driver (X-Drive 405 w/Tour AD M65, stiff) is around 105~108mph and shot 285yrd including run.

What i mostly prefering feel in iron is smooth but penetrating trajactort in the wind. Now i'm thinkig NS PRO1150 stiff, NS PRO RED and Project X 5.5.

Your valuable recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by zerohandy

• 3 weeks later...
Dear TSGer... :atsg_logo_anim:

I'm maybe one of TourStage demon in Korea. A few weeks ago, i purchased one set of MR23 US SPEC Blade(Head only). Usually, i accustomed to DG S300/S200. But, now i would like to take paradigm shift in terms of iron shaft. Actually, X-Blade CB 2 with M266V stiff is sitting in my bag now. Even though it is good, i always dreamed of blade iron. That is the reason i bought back up blade.

In terms of shaft, i would like to ask some comments from MR 23 Blade users.

Usually, i hit 7 iron around 175yrd. SS of my driver (X-Drive 405 w/Tour AD M65, stiff) is around 105~108mph and shot 285yrd including run.

What i mostly prefering feel in iron is smooth but penetrating trajactort in the wind. Now i'm thinkig NS PRO1150 stiff, NS PRO RED and Project X 5.5.

Your valuable recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have MR-23 blades now with Nippon Pro850GH Reg shafts. Best feel ever!! Balance and control is outstanding and effortless with NSPro850's!! I swing hard too,...108-115 Driver speed but still easy to control this setup!

I would like to know if you know where there is another set of the MR-23 blades with or without shafts but would like new ones.

Enjoy

RK

Keybs,

there are new sets of the mr23 us blade on yahoo japan, prices at about 126,000 yen or so, right around $1200USD

If you have contacts in Japan, MR-23 Blades used are around 400-600USD and on one site alone I saw nearly 20 sets. MR-23 US Spec go for around $300USD and on that same site there were more than 25 sets...

I have MR-23 blades now with Nippon Pro850GH Reg shafts. Best feel ever!! Balance and control is outstanding and effortless with NSPro850's!! I swing hard too,...108-115 Driver speed but still easy to control this setup!

I would like to know if you know where there is another set of the MR-23 blades with or without shafts but would like new ones.

Enjoy

RK

Thanks for your recommendation.

NS Pro 850 GH!!!

It will be one of good combination. However as one who used to be heavier shaft for a long time, it will take time to adjust light shaft. One more, what is the SW of that baby? i noticed one set of MR23 Blade (with NS PRO 850 GH stiff flex) at the road shop in Korea. It was pristine conditioned one, but as per the description it has C9~D0 sw. That was the reason i did not picked it up. Now, i think it already sold out.

Actually, i purchased this baby from Bombsquadfolf.com which is, i think, family site with TSG.

Please surfing that site.

Aye! :tsg_smilie_wink:

As one who was used to playing Titleist 962's with S300 shafts, then moving to a Merrit C.B. (nice club) with a Dynalite shaft, I can attest to the weight difference in the NSPro 850's! Most amazing I found was the abililty to command distance from any club. If you can see the shot....you can make it! (if you can, that is!). I normally hit the 8 iron 165 yards, but if I thought I could do it.....I would hit it 185. Or hit a 5 iron 223 or a 4 iron 240. Otherwise I might use the 5 iron to hit it 180 yds. (Obviously some feel involved). But the point is if you want it you can get it (as far as distance is concerned). I've been able to use this feel with these clubs for almost 2 years now. I'm sure ( I think) it has something to do with the dual step system inherent to the NSPro850. The other models (950,1050,1150) don't have it!!I can really feel the kick in the shaft when I go for it. It's a beautiful thang!!!!!!!!!

Check out this site:

http://www.nipponshaft.co.jp/english/produ..._e_frameset.htm

The MR-23 blade.....so sweet...I need another set! :tsg_smilie_cool:

Aye! :tsg_smilie_wink:

As one who was used to playing Titleist 962's with S300 shafts, then moving to a Merrit C.B. (nice club) with a Dynalite shaft, I can attest to the weight difference in the NSPro 850's! Most amazing I found was the abililty to command distance from any club. If you can see the shot....you can make it! (if you can, that is!). I normally hit the 8 iron 165 yards, but if I thought I could do it.....I would hit it 185. Or hit a 5 iron 223 or a 4 iron 240. Otherwise I might use the 5 iron to hit it 180 yds. (Obviously some feel involved). But the point is if you want it you can get it (as far as distance is concerned). I've been able to use this feel with these clubs for almost 2 years now. I'm sure ( I think) it has something to do with the dual step system inherent to the NSPro850. The other models (950,1050,1150) don't have it!!I can really feel the kick in the shaft when I go for it. It's a beautiful thang!!!!!!!!!

Check out this site:

http://www.nipponshaft.co.jp/english/produ..._e_frameset.htm

The MR-23 blade.....so sweet...I need another set! :tsg_smilie_cool:

Thanks Keybs,

It is really helpful for me to think it over. As one of TourStage demon, i'm so happy to have a chance to talk via mail with another living in other country.

Except putter, from head to feet all are TourStage. I will try what you mentioned above.

In addition, let me get a hint to choose a another putter. Actually, i would like to escape from the realm of Scotty. So,now i am looking into g-field premium series, bettinardi MC series (used one but almost pristine), new version of yes putter, and titleist d-tour in a last try.

Please let me have some idea or your personal feeling on those.

Thanks

Also

I test swing weitght and here are results:

Wght (grms) BP (balance point inches)

3 iron: D2- 396.1 29.5

4 iron: D1+ 400 29.25

5 iron: D2 408.5 29.125

6 iron: D2+ 412.5 29

7 iron: D2 417.5 28.625

8 iron: D2- 424 28.5

9 iron: D2+ 431 28.375

PW iron: D2 437.5 28.125

Especially important is your ability to feel the shot and you are rewarded. :tsg_smilie_money3:

You also not as tired after round is over :tsg_smilie_wink:

Thanks Keybs,

In addition, let me get a hint to choose a another putter. Actually, i would like to escape from the realm of Scotty. So,now i am looking into g-field premium series, bettinardi MC series (used one but almost pristine), new version of yes putter, and titleist d-tour in a last try.

Please let me have some idea or your personal feeling on those.

Thanks

Can't help with the putter. I have a a 35" Scotty Newport II Pro Platinum also. I love it. It's all I need right now. Best of luck!

K

Can't help with the putter. I have a a 35" Scotty Newport II Pro Platinum also. I love it. It's all I need right now. Best of luck!

K

Thanks anyway.

I will foray into g-field series now.

Your advice would be great assistance of my challenge.

Thanks again.

Keybs,

there are new sets of the mr23 us blade on yahoo japan, prices at about 126,000 yen or so, right around $1200USD

Hey thanks. That's an interesting site!