R7 TP (US) Irons vs R7 Forge Irons (Japan)

pdt

Hi,

Personally, I think the TC are the best shaft out there.

I don't mind playing with X100 or PX either but for me the TC has everything. Great control, stiff enough for you to step on them if you have to but still with a wonderful smooth, almost soft, feel that I have never found with other shafts.

Have had no problems with trajectory with the TC (nor, I admit, with the PX 6-6.5 or the X100) and the spin is easy to control.

The combination of feel, which I find lacking in the PX and a gentle smoothness not found in the X100 is always there with the TC. That's what I find valuable about them.

That's just one hacker's opinion, mind you, so try them out on the course if you possibly can.

Best wishes,

Milo.

P.S. I would add that with the X100 and the PX it took me a few rounds to really "get to know them" and get the best out of them but with the TC we were off and running from the first 9.

• 2 weeks later...
Have anyone tried both sets. I'd like to hear your feedback on these sets. I'm debating between the two.

Hi,

I'm a newbie to the forum and recently made my first purchases from Tourspec; one of them were the r7 forged irons. (I wanted to return them because I was planning on giving them to my bro but he is stubbornly set on his x-forged, and I had already ordered Epons for myself. When I found out the clubs were already shipped, I decided that I'll probably end up playing the clubs. Low and behold I opened the box and dropped to my knees and said "WOW SCHUEEEEET!") so anyway on w/the story>

I just received my R7 forged set from Tourspec today. Took of of work early to play 9 at the nearest gc. I have the R7 TP irons and they are great clubs, but I always seemed to go back to Mizunos. Well after 9 holes w/the r7 Fs, I can honestly say that the TP and Forged are very different. Not the same as softness as mizunos, but omg soft solid! Perfect distances, w/sharp solid soft feedback. Love the sound... I tend to toe it slightly when I miss, however forgiveness is amazing. I notice that the sharp turn over on the toes when I miss even go the distance. 136 par 3 soft 9iron got me 3 feet birdieeeee! Accuracy is right on par w/fantastic forgiveness, only/few adjustments made from my distances w/my Mizunos. I don't even really want to compare the TP to the forged, the TP is a great club, but if feel is what you want the Forged club is the way to go.

Keep in mind that I only have the stock Taylor NS shafts on the R7 forged and on the TPs i have Px5.5. Two completely different shafts. I'll have to change the shafts on the forged to get a better judgment, but i dunno love um already maybe i don't need to change shafts.

IMO the forged club is better. I will not return these clubs!!

changman

I agree with everything you've said. No doubt I have to give these irons a little time for an accurate assessment. They look great compared to my old TP's and I demand they perform better since they're from Japan. I buy my cars from Japanese makers because of their quality and I had the same high expection on the performance of these clubs. We'll see after a few weeks and I'll post an update.

Unfortunately, I sold my set of R7 forged and I'm finding out that I didn't give them long enough time. I realize that now because I have another set of irons but with the same N.S. Pro 950 shafts. You have to play them several weeks especially if you're going from a 130 gram shaft to a 95 gram shaft before you see the benefits. I'm in love with the Nippons and I'm sorry I gave the R7 forged irons a bad review prematurely. Anyway, the good news is I'm probably going to jump on the Epon bandwagon and give them a try in the future. Hope this info helps someone.