What do you guys think of my grinds?

Hey, let me know what you think.

I'm a digger, but I also wanted relief for flop shots so I decided P-grind with trailing and heel relief and a blunted leading edge. My bench grinder is packed away so I used a dremmel, hand files, 100 120 and 1000 wet grit sand paper to do this. It took approximately 30mins.

I like it, do you? :tsg_smiley_secret:

post-5936-1184552878.jpg

post-5936-1184552886.jpg

post-5936-1184552891.jpg

post-5936-1184552895.jpg

I suspect your grinds are better than your pictures show... but from what I see, I like it too.

What are you doing to make up the weight?

I've done a bit of grinding myself. All hand file and sandpaper work.

The sole has been polished to a chrome like finish so its hard to get in the pictures, but its all perfectly smooth. I was surprised this came out so good, all the strokes were done in the same direction so the grain that can still be seen is going in the same direction.

Oh, as for the weight I did have some lead tape on there but I took it off. I don't like lead tape...

Edited by golfer_junior

Oh, as for the weight I did have some lead tape on there but I took it off. I don't like lead tape...

Looks pretty good.

But the big question is...

How does it play??

Its much easier to hit chip shots as well as flops now, full shots don't dig nearly as much as they did prior to the grind so all in all it was a success. Bunker shots need to be played slightly differently now because the club digs like it used to but then it flies through the sand so I need to hit closer to the ball. So far so good.

I like your grinds. Very nice! Photography........not so nice! Haha.

Hey, let me know what you think.

I'm a digger, but I also wanted relief for flop shots so I decided P-grind with trailing and heel relief and a blunted leading edge. My bench grinder is packed away so I used a dremmel, hand files, 100 120 and 1000 wet grit sand paper to do this. It took approximately 30mins.

I like it, do you? :atsg_smilie_roll:

Nice. Did you use a standard grinding wheel?

Thanks for the compliments, my digi was stolen when I moved so I'm using an old camera... 2.1 megapixels isn't very good...

On this grind I actually used a dremmel with a variety of different heads. When I did my previous lob wedge I used a standard grining wheel on my bench grinder. I actually like the ability to manipulate both the grinder and the club that the dremmel provides versus just one with the bench grinder.

Thanks

Wedges are a hot topic on the forum at the moment.

The better we can make the scoring club, the better we will score.

• 3 weeks later...