Matrix Ozik TP7X

drew030303

Has anyone played the Matrix Ozik TP7x in X-stiff flex? How stiff does an x play? Is it true to flex? Is this shaft worth a grand? Do you have to tip the shaft or is it butt trim to length? Any feedback on the installation and performance of this shaft would be helpful before I make the investment. I typically play x shafts. I have played the whiteboard 63x, axiv in x, xcon6 in x,. thx

Has anyone played the Matrix Ozik TP7x in X-stiff flex? How stiff does an x play? Is it true to flex? Is this shaft worth a grand? Do you have to tip the shaft or is it butt trim to length? Any feedback on the installation and performance of this shaft would be helpful before I make the investment. I typically play x shafts. I have played the whiteboard 63x, axiv in x, xcon6 in x,. thx

you can find that shaft half of the old price these days, the TP line doesn't play very stiff, I used an SX flex in all of the Matrix lineup but had to go with an SX tipped or an X in the TP-7, that was just my experience, that shaft loads unlike any other on the market and if you get it in the driver then you will have to get it in your 3 wood as well, otherwise you will have trouble adjusting in my opinion, there are so many good shafts on the market that I don't think this one qualifies as one of the top 3 shafts, it is overpriced and overhyped like most of the items that were first made available on BSG, it is also a high-torque shaft, both of the ones I had were like 4.1 torque

I would personally recommend buying something else and not spending so much money on that shaft, you wanted opinions and I gave you mine, good luck in whatever you decide

I have had better experiences with the Mach Line Tour and Roddio, both are longer and perform more consistent than the TP line of Matrix

please be advised I'm not telling you to purchase a different flex or to tip your shaft should you buy one, I am only giving you my experience with that particular shaft, I guess what I'm trying to say is they might not all be the exact same, you can also get the CPM's of each shaft on the sticker at the top of the butt, that is one of the good things about the Matrix lineup, once again, good luck

Edited by PGAPro

I have to agree with PGAPro....the TP7x is a nice shaft, but it's not a $1000 shaft. But then again, I'm not sure what is.

I played one in an X flex in a J33 460. It was tipped at least 1/2" to lower the ball flight so I like the trajectory, but didn't get along with the 'hinge-like' kick. I'm not sure if it was the high torque rating or the kick point but I found dispersion to be a bit broad compared to my other chosen shafts. But in all fairness, I don't get along well with mid-kick/high torque shafts. I'm more of a high kick/low torque guy.

IMHO, If you're looking for a 80g driver shaft with mid-kick and high torque rating, you can do at least as good as the TP7x for MUCH less.

you can find that shaft half of the old price these days, the TP line doesn't play very stiff, I used an SX flex in all of the Matrix lineup but had to go with an SX tipped or an X in the TP-7, that was just my experience, that shaft loads unlike any other on the market and if you get it in the driver then you will have to get it in your 3 wood as well, otherwise you will have trouble adjusting in my opinion, there are so many good shafts on the market that I don't think this one qualifies as one of the top 3 shafts, it is overpriced and overhyped like most of the items that were first made available on BSG, it is also a high-torque shaft, both of the ones I had were like 4.1 torque

I would personally recommend buying something else and not spending so much money on that shaft, you wanted opinions and I gave you mine, good luck in whatever you decide

I have had better experiences with the Mach Line Tour and Roddio, both are longer and perform more consistent than the TP line of Matrix

please be advised I'm not telling you to purchase a different flex or to tip your shaft should you buy one, I am only giving you my experience with that particular shaft, I guess what I'm trying to say is they might not all be the exact same, you can also get the CPM's of each shaft on the sticker at the top of the butt, that is one of the good things about the Matrix lineup, once again, good luck

good info, I'm sold, on not getting one, thx