New wedges for 2008

TBone

Does Endo forge the KZG iron and wedge lineup?

Sir, I think Kyoei forges the entire KZG line of clubs.

I could be wrong though..........

Didn't I say it!! (^_^) Tour AD 75 rocks.... I have 8 wedges shafted with them... smooth as heck and great feel control....

I recently purchased the Epon 701s with the Axiv 758M (regular) and unfortunately have not hit them yet due to the weather. I was looking at purchasing and shafting some new AFs with the same Axiv shafts, but in 759M (stiff).

I thought (through some long ago advice from various Pro shops) it was better to shaft wedges with a stiff flex for better control. I missed any discussion on what flex may work or perform better in wedges. But, what are the advantages / disadvantages to shafting wedges in a regular flex versus a stiff flex? And… What is the current recommendation for shaft lengths for wedges after the PW? Same length as the PW...or…½ inch reduction in each wedge? or???

Didn't I say it!! (^_^) Tour AD 75 rocks.... I have 8 wedges shafted with them... smooth as heck and great feel control....

Yes sir you are correct. i have seen the light! i think i just stumbled into something special and cannot wait to put them to practical use. hopefully my short game will benefit fro this simple shaft change.

I recently purchased the Epon 701s with the Axiv 758M (regular) and unfortunately have not hit them yet due to the weather. I was looking at purchasing and shafting some new AFs with the same Axiv shafts, but in 759M (stiff).

I thought (through some long ago advice from various Pro shops) it was better to shaft wedges with a stiff flex for better control. I missed any discussion on what flex may work or perform better in wedges. But, what are the advantages / disadvantages to shafting wedges in a regular flex versus a stiff flex? And… What is the current recommendation for shaft lengths for wedges after the PW? Same length as the PW...or…½ inch reduction in each wedge? or???

i have the 701 with 758m as well and have played with them exclusively for about 2 months. they are stiffer than flex imho. they are very good though but i have passed them on to my dad who appreciated them more than me.

as for the wedges i was using stiff shafts in them for months without noticing anything significant then when i shifted to regular flex something different happened. i was contacting the ball better and getting better results most especially on my full shots and half swings. like i mentioned in another thread i guess its becasue i am a digger and the softer flex alows the shaft to act like a shock absorber and take most of the shock when digging. not to mention that wedges are shorter so they will naturally play stiffer than their same flex in longer irons so i dont seem to get bothered.

in fact i would personally suggest getting a heavier shaft with same flex rather than a same weight shaft with diff flex on wedges. what i do is get the same weight, same flex but have my wedges SW bumped up by one or 2 units.

i have the 701 with 758m as well and have played with them exclusively for about 2 months. they are stiffer than flex imho. they are very good though but i have passed them on to my dad who appreciated them more than me.

as for the wedges i was using stiff shafts in them for months without noticing anything significant then when i shifted to regular flex something different happened. i was contacting the ball better and getting better results most especially on my full shots and half swings. like i mentioned in another thread i guess its becasue i am a digger and the softer flex alows the shaft to act like a shock absorber and take most of the shock when digging. not to mention that wedges are shorter so they will naturally play stiffer than their same flex in longer irons so i dont seem to get bothered.

in fact i would personally suggest getting a heavier shaft with same flex rather than a same weight shaft with diff flex on wedges. what i do is get the same weight, same flex but have my wedges SW bumped up by one or 2 units.

Great Spoon!

You bring up some good points and insights. What you think of going a little heavier with the GD Tour AD-85s or 95s? ...or stay with the Axiv? In the previous thread, I ask about length…any recommendations?

Great Spoon!

You bring up some good points and insights. What you think of going a little heavier with the GD Tour AD-85s or 95s? ...or stay with the Axiv? In the previous thread, I ask about length…any recommendations?

dk – Don’t know about the flex stuff, it’s all a matter of personal discovery and preference. But you may want to go with the Tour AD-95s. They would give you the extra weight if you need it, and the ADs play very well. As for length, I have my KZG wedges set at the same height, all a half inch lower than my PW.

Great Spoon!

its a matter of preference and i have done my own share of experimention and have discovered what works for me. the whole getting stiffer and heavier shafts works for most but does not for me. on the contrary i find that the same weighted wedge shafts as my irons shafts works best for me. im not even going stiffer just maybe more sw.

so for you go with what you are comfortable with. i am using armrqb4 in my beres and its around 60ish g range so getting the 75 was the better option. was thinking 85 or even 95 but decided against it.

its a matter of preference and i have done my own share of experimention and have discovered what works for me. the whole getting stiffer and heavier shafts works for most but does not for me. on the contrary i find that the same weighted wedge shafts as my irons shafts works best for me. im not even going stiffer just maybe more sw.

so for you go with what you are comfortable with. i am using armrqb4 in my beres and its around 60ish g range so getting the 75 was the better option. was thinking 85 or even 95 but decided against it.

Spoon - It was good to read the Axiv shafts run stiffer. I will probably stay with the Axiv shafts through the set and look at adding weight to the heads bring the swing weight up….3 to 8 grams in each wedge.

Spoon - It was good to read the Axiv shafts run stiffer. I will probably stay with the Axiv shafts through the set and look at adding weight to the heads bring the swing weight up….3 to 8 grams in each wedge.

sounds good but very careful when adding weights 8 grams seems like a lot, 1 -2 grams alone will alter the sw by 1-2. i suggest having your clubfitter add a tipweight to the shaft or some tungsten powder. good luck and tel us how your experiment goes.