Epon A-501

hmx3

My hcp is 8 an I´m playing the MX 25. Solid club, but not really happy with it, maybe a mushy feeling.

The Epon AF-501 are similar shaped like my old Tommy Armour´s 845 SS-the best iron I´ve ever played.

Can one of you give me a review about the AF-501, esp. tractory and shaft recommondation.

Thanks guys.

:

I'm interested in this as well.....I currently play the G-Design NC-1s but will be looking for replacements soon....Amongst others, I'm considering the 501s and the 301s, but don't really know how much difference there will be between the two in terms of forgiveness, playability, feel, etc........

I'd love to hear what people compare the 501s to and how they feel about them......

• 3 weeks later...
There are no AF-501 users?

There should be a few reviews in the archives. Search under the old name Type S. From what I have seen, the Type J or AF-301 has been the better seller. If you are a 10HC then you should be able to play the AF-301s. Surprising forgiving. Some would argue that they are more GI/CB than you would think. Also the AF-301s have a better resale IMO. PM me...I may have set for you.

I've been currently playing a set of AF501s fitted with PX flighted 6.0 shafts for several months now. Current handicap is a 6, and I think these are just the right balance of playability and forgiveness for my current skill level. I know there are a lot of TSG'ers out there who would beg to differ, but I just can't justify playing 301s, except maybe for the softer, more solid feel. Not to say that the 501s are harsh in any way. These babies feel sweet, but just a tad clickier than the 301s especially in the undercut longer irons.

I would rate these as a good combo set for the mid to better player who doesn't want to sacrifice forgiveness and distance (half a club compared to 301s) for a bit more playability and feel.

Btw, I came from a set of Cally X-forged, also in PX flighted shafts before going Jap. Haven't regretted the switch at all. :tsg_smilie_surprise: