JDM Driver Finally

seankellywa

Finally have a JDM driver in play. I bought a 10* Fourteen JC-606 Driver from TSG last year as a bit of experiment and have finally put a shaft in it. Ended up with a Diamana White Board D83 Stiff.

I know it’s an oldish model, but this is a nice club. It’s replacing the only driver I have ever owned a Callaway FT3 with a NV shaft and the difference is quite dramatic. It seems like I can actually feel the amount the shaft bends, it also feels smooth, not sure if that make sense. When the club face meets the ball it feels kinda soft, not sure if that make sense either. Certainly feels different to the Callaway. Looks good at set up, nice sound, medium to high ball flight.

A teaching pro was on the range when I brought it out for the first time and had a hit. Only hit it three times. His comment was “Japan makes great stuff, the sweet spot is where it’s suppose to be.”

Anyway just wanted to pass on my thanks to Chris for the head, Gocchin for the shaft recommendation. Thanks guys.

Everything you wrote makes perfect sense to me. Soon you will be JDM exclusively. The feel is everything. Wait until you get really accustomed to it.

Thanks for sharing.